navigation help

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
my navigation takes up 2 lines and is going over the line at the top of my banner. How do i remove the line on the style sheet? does anyone know the code? the site is www.nitrokiwi.yolasite.com
Photo of Amanda Leigh Marianne High

Amanda Leigh Marianne High

• 51 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hello ALMH,

This is locked in with the style. It automatically wraps around to accommodate all the page titles and can't be changed.

A way to manage this is to either change the style and select one with a vertical navigation menu or group some of your pages and place them within sub-menus, with a max of say 7 major page titles and the rest subgrouped under these.

• 51 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
wow that sux....lol. i need a plain style sheet with sub headings and this is the only one i can use. unless there is another you could recommend where i can remove the banner if you know the code to do this.
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Do you want to use sub-menus or would you like to use a vertical menu system?

The banner isn't an issue as some styles have banners included others don't. You can add banners to those that don't and change or remove banners from those that do.

What style are you currently using? You may be able to use the sub-menu feature available for certain styles if you can think of a suitable grouping of your pages.

• 51 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
none of the premium sites have no banner. the free ones where there are 2 that dont have banners do not allow sub menus.
Photo of Philip Taylor

Philip Taylor

• 355 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
I elected to build my own nav bar with links I created, and chose to have no pages shown on the provided menu. Not the prettiest in the world, but I'm sure you could do the same, and better with yours. You can then use any page style you want.
Have a (not-too-critical) look at http://theoldendays.yolasite.com

• 51 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
think i might have found one that will work http://nitrokiwi.yolasite.com/
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas, Social Media Coordinator

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Amanda,

You can easily remove the banner area using the Style Designer for Super Flat or Skyline. I also suggest using subpages or flyovers to clean up your navigation. You can create a "store" or "merchandise" page and nest all of your product pages underneath that.

I see you have already made some changes in your Sitebuilder that are looking great but if you want more information on any of the suggestions I made above, just let us know!