Need help

• Question
  • Updated 9 years ago
  • Answered
I have never set up a web site before so haow doe I go about setting up an account for viewers to access my web site and how do I get paid?Sorry so in the dark here.
Photo of Beverly

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • unsure

Posted 9 years ago

Photo of Peter

• 2569 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
Hello beverley,

Welcome to Yola. I'm confident that we can help you on this and most other queries that may crop up.

You simply go to and register your user ID and password.

From there you can go into an orientation aspect or straight into the building of your site.

The registration is free. You can use a yolasite sub-domain for free, forever. if you choose to use a private domain, you may purchase that online. The prices are all well marked.

You asked " do i get paid?', I presume you have products to sell from your website? This can be done through a service such as PayPal. Yola have customisable modules we call widgets, for a number of functional add-ins. PayPal "widgets" are included in the list. Basically you need a PayPal account, you create your pages of your site featuring your objects with these widgets. There is a "Pay Button" associated with these. Your customers would then simply fill in the payment details and you will receive the funds into your PayPal account.

Before you get that far, you create your web-site with appropriate pages in the site. This is all built once again by the use of widgets. The over-all design is truly up to you.

I hope that this gives you some idea of the processes involved. There are a selection of great tutorials available to coach you through the processes and we're all here in this forum to answer and help you all the way.

All the Tutorials relevant to intial setup are listed here Beverley. I hope you enjoy the experience.
Photo of Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Thanks Peter.
Photo of Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hi Beverly,

Did the information Peter gave you answer your questions? Please let us know if you need more help.

We're happy you've chosen to join us at Yola.