Need Help!!

• Question
  • Updated 9 years ago
  • Answered
Where do you put CSS code to fix your html coding into your website? Everytime i try to put css on my page it come in as text and does nothing to my html coding?
Photo of Craig

Craig

• 449 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes

Posted 9 years ago

Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
<!--

You put it in a html widget at the top of the page.

It has to be wrapped in these:

<style type="text/css">

YOUR CSS CODE GOES HERE

</style>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lee.

-->
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hey guys,

I just have to throw in a few cents here... be careful when adding custom CSS to your site. There is all ready a CSS in place that creates the style and adding a custom one can trigger problems. It won't always, but it is a definite possibility. We have seen problems arise in the past with custom CSS being added; so it is just a word of caution.

Emmy
Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
Emmy is spot on here - a page should'nt really have 2 CSS rules, but at this moment in Yola's development its something alot of people have to do as a workaround.

To back up Emmys point - now on my site i am unable to change the style of my site - all the styles with banners now show as not having a banner!

But i'm happy with my menu and it looks great (better than the original) so in my opinion its worth it.

DUKE TIP:
Always first add CSS to a test site or at least a test page. See if it causes any un desired effects before you ruin your main site.
Photo of Craig

Craig

• 449 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Lee you are a Magician mate, thanks that was really annoying me your a life saver, in the middle of redisgning my webpage again so trying to make it easier on the eye. Think I might need a bit of help with getting my tab menu to have just the one drop down menu to take in extra forms etc
Photo of Craig

Craig

• 449 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
I also have this - background: url(../img/bg_box_logo.gif) do I need to change this to url(../resources/bg_box.gif) in order that it find the pictures i needs it to find to fully complete the css?
Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
correct Craig - as long as the file is not in a sub folder in your filemanager the URL of the image will be /resources/filename.gif

Lee.
Photo of Craig

Craig

• 449 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Does it still need thos 2 full stops though before the /resources section as it aint working not sure if the img should stay so it would be url(../resources/img/bg_box.gif)?
Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
Craig, is it in a folder called img in your filemanger or just in the main first folder? If its not in a folder called img just add resources/bg_box.gif

Also it will not need the ..

If you add the image to your filemanger then publish the site you can check if the image is at the URL your using.