Need some good advice :)

• Question
  • Updated 9 years ago
  • Answered
Hello everyone,
I am currently in the final developing stages of my website, and needed some advice. I wanted to have and incorporate really nice image galleries, preferably flash, but I'm not sure where to look? I am a designer, so presentation is everything. Thanks so much!

Here is a link to the site:
www.farinspireddesigns.com
Photo of Fariha Alhassen

Fariha Alhassen

• 21 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • happy

Posted 9 years ago

Photo of SilverX

SilverX

• 492 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
Nice , of course.

Here , I'd like to submit some things to do.

Your homepage is nice. But I found the same window title elsewhere.
Adding different titles is so much nicer and search engine friendly. Also you should change the meta keys , meta description for each page.

The other think I found is your language. You've used words like I , me and words like this. These words expresses and feels visitor like you are more close by . But this site isn't a site like a personal page. So call users in official words like your company name , we , the management...

You are a owner of a domain.(i am not an owner and I've no money to get one. But I planned to do this.)
Now you can create email addresses for you like contact@farinspiratedesign.Com . Why still using a ugly gmail ?

Putting your emai address in the site will result in spam bots attention to send spams. So use a contact form instead.

I don't know you like these advices , but I think it is great if i said these.

Visit my site and learn how I used these features.
http://www.eSecrets.tk

if you'd like me for a help , use Ayeshlakmal @ gmail . Com
(please remove spaces in my email address , to prevent spams.)
Photo of Fariha Alhassen

Fariha Alhassen

• 21 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for the reply Ayesh. However, I did want to incorporate "I" and "me" because it is a website promoting my work, and I also wanted visitors and clients to feel as though it were one-on-one. So this is intentional. I'm comfortable with a gmail account as well. However, I was looking more towards image galleries, and what is out there.
Photo of Dré

Dré

• 201 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Fariha,

You're going to get a lot of good advice from this community but I just thought I'd also add my bit- We have an excellent tutorial which will serve as a guide to building attractive Yola websites. It also discusses broader issues surrounding good web design, here is the link: Creating Good Looking Websites

Hope it helps!
Photo of Fariha Alhassen

Fariha Alhassen

• 21 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for the responses! However, I was looking for something more towards image galleries? Can someone, or rather, does someone know of good image galleries (flash preferred) to incorporate onto a website?
Photo of SilverX

SilverX

• 492 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
Thats your choice.
Thanks.
Photo of SilverX

SilverX

• 492 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
Yes, there are some.
Flickr gallary , hubpages' photo display script , wix' super flash object to slideshows, and much more .Try searcing for html code and put inside.
Photo of Keara

Keara

• 325 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Fariha, I know absolutely nothing about galleries but I did notice this site earlier today and it has some type of Flickr gallery near the bottom of the page. Perhaps it is the type of thing you are looking for? (It's by our own Sanja, formerly known as Littleus.)
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hi Keara!

Actually - that site is not mine! :)
Photo of Keara

Keara

• 325 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Fariha, here is something else I found that you might like - it doesn't use Flash but it does provide a rotating image gallery of sorts.
Photo of Fariha Alhassen

Fariha Alhassen

• 21 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks so much, Keara! I will definitely look into those. You're help is much appreciated! :)
Photo of Keara

Keara

• 325 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
You're very welcome, Fariha. I hope those links will be helpful.
Photo of Keara

Keara

• 325 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Fariha, one more thought -- it turns out that Yola has a tutorial on photo galleries and things of that kind! Maybe there will be something in it for you - tutorial.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Great suggestion! :)
Photo of Fariha Alhassen

Fariha Alhassen

• 21 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Keara!
Photo of diane

diane