Network outage affecting North American Customers

• Problem
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Solved
Archived

This conversation was archived and is no longer visible to community members.

We are receiving complaints from a large number of customers located in North America that they are unable to access Yola or their published sites.

We are currently investigating but it appears to be a problem in a network between various ISPs and Yola . If so there is nothing that we (or you) can do about it, but wait for it to be resolved.

We are not yet sure if other regions are affected, but for what it's worth our staff located in South Africa and Brazil are able to access Yola and our hosted sites.

We will update this thread with further information as it becomes available.
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of KanThaiDecor

KanThaiDecor

• 2402 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
If it helps all is well for me here in Kansas City region mid west USA
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas, Social Media Coordinator

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Good for us in California as well. We're also seeing other reports that all is well again in Wisconsin where the initial report originated from.
Photo of Earl Hayes

Earl Hayes

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Working here Now In SW Ohio on Time Warner Cable/ Internet. Wasn't working B/4.
Photo of Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Wonderful, thanks for the update!
Photo of Tom Nunn

Tom Nunn

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Still no access to Yola or related sites here in Ontario.
Photo of OliviersKennel

OliviersKennel

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
my site http://www.olivierskennel.com/ is back up and running I am located in Louisiana,USA and my provider is ATT. Thanks for working on this issue so fast. Will update if it goes out again
Photo of Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Our reports all indicate that the problem is resolved for most affected customers but we will continue to monitor the situation. If you are still struggling to access your Sitebuilder or published website, it is likely due to ISP cacheing. You will need to allow some time for that to be cleared and try again. We can confirm that this was not an outgage on our end and that only a small subset of customers were affected for a short period of time.
Photo of Tom Nunn

Tom Nunn

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Still no access here in Canada to either Yola or our site. Also, cannot see the site from Louisiana noted above (Olivierskennel). Any idea what the actual problem is?
Photo of Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Tom,

As mentioned above, it is an upstream issue, not related to Yola and we are therefore not in a position to comment on the cause or how long it will take to resolve for any affected users. We can however confirm that it is an isolated problem and that most people are able to access your published website.
Photo of Tom Nunn

Tom Nunn

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I know that's what you've said, but doesn't it seem odd that this outage involves a range of ISPs across geographies and affects only your websites in this manner? No other websites that I've visited today are being affected. Will check whether others have access to Yola and my business site and engage some of my IT friends. Have spoken to our ISP here and they are looking into this as well.
Photo of Tom Nunn

Tom Nunn

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ok, we're now back in business at this end! Thanks!
Photo of Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Glad to hear it Tom!