Yola is experience technical difficulties. Please read this thread for more information.

• Problem
  • Updated 10 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
We are currently experiencing downtime due to network problems at our upstream provider.

Regrettably this affects Yola.com, the sitebuilder and published sites.

We are dependent on them and have every confidence that they will solve this problem as soon as possible.
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
  • anxious

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of KanThaiDecor

KanThaiDecor

• 2402 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
I don't like it.... but I will say this is the first time my published site has been down for more than a few seconds in my 1 1/2 years using Yola
Photo of Donald

Donald

• 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
you're kidding, I didn't even know published sites were down... I thought that couldn't happen with an external domain... isn't the domain registrar (godaddy, etc.) what decides if a domain comes off line or not?
Photo of bronzie8

bronzie8

• 19 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I don't like the fact that my site is down....but this is the first time in over 2 years.
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
I agree! We take any downtime of our hosted sites as seriously as you can imagine, because we know that people's businesses and livelihoods are at stake! We definitely want to resolve this as soon as we can.
Photo of Jimshorts

Jimshorts

• 17 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for your prompt support!
Photo of Amin Wi

Amin Wi

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks. Great prompt support
Photo of Casey Stubbs

Casey Stubbs

• 222 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
my site Could someone check my site it is not loading for me.

http://www.winnersedgetrading.com

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Page Down, not loading..
Photo of Michael

Michael

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Is Yola down? Cannot access my websites or Yola :(

Is Yola down?.
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Our hosting servers are currently under a Denial-of-Service attack from an unknown source. We are working with our upstream provider to minimize the impact of this and will be back online as soon as we can.

Naturally we view this in the most serious possible light and are very sorry for the inconvenience to our customers.
Photo of Jody Lindberg

Jody Lindberg

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi, i just started using Yola, and it started running slow, and finally froze. I closed my browser to reopen the entire page, and now, i cannot get the home page and the site builder to reopen....what do i do now. Is this a glitch, and if so, how long till its up and running?

Is The Yola Site Down?.
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi Jody - please see Monique's post above. Be assured we are working on the problem ASAP.
Photo of Paul Nguyen

Paul Nguyen

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
is it going to be fixed sometime today or in a couple hours because im working on a school project that needs a website thats due tomorrow.
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
We expect to have this resolved within the hour and will update you immediately as we have more information.
Photo of Shari

Shari

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Not liking this at all. Have work today to update my site tonight. Finally have time since I am snowed in!
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
So sorry Shari, we know how frustrating this is, believe me, we feel it too. Thanks for bearing with us as we get to the bottom of this.
Photo of AmyP

AmyP

• 30 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
None of my sites & even the Yola homepage is coming up on my computer or my husbands computer. Any other site I look at comes up great. I have reset the modem, computer, updated my software, etc... Still not working. I was wondering if I was the only one. Thanks, Amy

Yola & sites not loading..
Photo of Andrea Ricci

Andrea Ricci

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
my site was aricci@yolasite.com. Until this weekend I had no issues and now I can't seem to load my site at all, or the yola website. I am not sure what happened, but I really want to get back into my site. Please help!

Help.
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
The estimate we have received for a fix is half an hour to an hour. We are passing this on to you as the best information that we have as we realize you would like to know how long this is expected to continue. However, please treat it as an estimate only - it could be shorter or longer.
Photo of Angela Tan

Angela Tan

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi, its already down since this morning 7am when I try to open my website and now already 1011am, May I know how long will it takes? I am from singapore. Thank you :)
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
I wish I knew, Angela! That estimate is the last one we have had and it was an hour ago. I hope it will be fixed soon, and we will let you know as soon as we know.
Photo of Angela Tan

Angela Tan

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Photo of Ian Inman

Ian Inman

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Is any loss of data or website malfunction anticipated as a result of this DOS attack?

I've spent about 12 hours in the past two days putting a site together. Just want to make sure I'm not losing anything.

Thanks for all the updates. Despite the inconvenience, it's appreciate that you are all so responsive.
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
This does not involve a loss of data. The DOS managed to breach our firewall and the fail over firewall also failed. Unfortunately if you had recent unsaved changes on your page when the site builder went down, these may be lost, but you shouldn't lose a large amount of work.
Photo of Tracy Jones-Tolen

Tracy Jones-Tolen

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I had been looking all over for a good site to create my business website and I just decided and joined Yola today. I was working on my site when this happened. I hope this isn't a typical occurrence and that I haven't made a mistake choosing Yola.
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Tracy, we certainly understand your concern, as you can see from our CEO below and our users above, this is not a normal occurrence and we are doing everything in our power to resolve the issue. Thanks for your patience as we work on the solution with our service provider.
Photo of Vinny Lingham

Vinny Lingham

• 12 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Official Response
Dear Yola Users

As much as we try to be in control of our destiny here at Yola, some things are just not in our control. We currently host dozens of servers with a hosting company based in the USA that has been the subject of a Denial of Service attack - aka "Hackers" and they are trying to disrupt our hosting provider and prevent our users from accessing their servers.

Our providers are currently dealing with the problem as their highest priority and our engineers are working with them to resolve the issue. Essentially, no data or transfer can occur from our & your computers and the servers right now until the firewalls go back up and our hosting partner is doing the best they can to get things online.

In the past 3 years since Yola has been operating, we have have maintained 99.9% uptime and will continue to deliver a high level of service to our users, but as in life, things of this nature can and will occur.

I am told that things will hopefully be resolved within in hour and I humbly ask for your patience whilst we wait for resolution on this issue. I am personally involved with the resolution of this issue.

Sincerely,

Vinny Lingham
CEO, Yola.com
Photo of John J Willard

John J Willard

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Great Job Vinny , Great Job Yola. This is a great company. Keep kickn the task butt. Not always easy yet well worth it.

Yep.

It is still true.

I Love Yola!

johnjwillard
www.johnjwillard.com
Photo of John J Willard

John J Willard

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Great Job Vinny , Great Job Yola. This is a great company. Keep kickn the task butt. Not always easy yet well worth it.

Yep.

It is still true.

I Love Yola!

johnjwillard
www.johnjwillard.com
Photo of AmyP

AmyP

• 30 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
In the online world, nothing is 100% safe from this kind of thing. Not fun for anyone, but part of life. Thanks for working on it.
Photo of Dennis Waldrop

Dennis Waldrop

• 84 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks for the information. It was difficult getting to this page. Every attempt to finf my site or yola.com got redirected to ask.com. It took a few tries to even find this page. I am going to save it as a favorite in case of a future attack. As long as I know this is a global event I will hang tight.
Photo of Tracy Jones-Tolen

Tracy Jones-Tolen

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you for your quick response Vinny! Your professionalism is both reassuring and appreciated. I'll wait patiently along with everyone else. Thanks again!
Photo of Jimshorts

Jimshorts

• 17 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you for your efforts.
Photo of Ali

Ali

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I been using Yola for few weeks its a very good site and hopefully it will be up soon. Thanks a lot Yola for keeping us update. other sites dont even tell you what happens when they went down.

Thanks
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Keeping you updated is the least we can do. Your patience and support is invaluable to us, thanks so much!
Photo of mred1220

mred1220

• 59 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I just started rapidly spreading a link to one of my site pages and all the sudden people said page not loading or busy...this bytes!

hope you find the hacker and smash his computer...then after that, break both his index fingers and tell him it's from me!!!!!
Photo of Donald

Donald

• 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
yea, or ask him how he did it so it can be prevented from next time.
Photo of Terry

Terry

• 83 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Thanks for the prompt reply...I'll just have to do something else for a while, not a big problem. Hackers suck. All the best for your efforts in fixing it, I'll be praying for you.
Photo of KanThaiDecor

KanThaiDecor

• 2402 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
A DOS attack of this nature is most times an organized attack that is state sanctioned by the country of origin....Yola and their providers have done very well in avoiding this sort of thing.....DOS attacks are a constant battle for everyone
Photo of Tara M. Askin

Tara M. Askin

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am experiencing problems with my yolasite. Its not loading. Everytime i got to yola.com or my personal page it says the server has been dropped. Please help!

yolasite not working!.