Yola is experience technical difficulties. Please read this thread for more information.

• Problem
  • Updated 9 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
We are currently experiencing downtime due to network problems at our upstream provider.

Regrettably this affects Yola.com, the sitebuilder and published sites.

We are dependent on them and have every confidence that they will solve this problem as soon as possible.
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
  • anxious

Posted 9 years ago

Photo of Walisson

Walisson

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Marije Hello, sorry for the "furious" but I was editing a very important thing on the site, but I understand that you are working as effectively as possible. I really like Yola and have the patience it takes. The SiteBuilder is working perfectly.
Photo of jenalis

jenalis

• 19 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Yep mines all bunged up too!
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Should be fine now. Please try logging out and in again and let us know if you are still having difficulty. So sorry!
Photo of sid.sehgal20

sid.sehgal20

• 18 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Any particular reason why this issue keeps coming up approximately at the same time. I was working on my Site http://officegames.yolasite.com when it stopped saving. I had to do some basic work again.

But seriously kudos to u for bringing YOLA back again..
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas, Social Media Coordinator

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
So sorry to hear of the problems we caused. There's no rhyme or reason to the timing, it's all bad timing as far as we're concerned.
Photo of jenalis

jenalis

• 19 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Mine's all back on...and Monique's advice was invaluable. I didn't know that about Google Chrome. Today I also learnt about the 'Word' incompatibility with the sitebuilder, but haven't yet figured how to use the tool that Yola proposes. However I love Monique and Yola and Marij and all the Yola team and the internet and life in general....technical hitches and all :)
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
We seem to be experiencing a repeat of this problem and are working with our hosts to resolve it quickly.

At the moment we don't know why it has happened again, but we certainly intend to find out!
Photo of Steven

Steven

• 71 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
......... I am starting to want my money back. I have a business to run and I am opening the doors to my store in like 2 weeks. I have a problem like this. Someone needs to get their act together.
Photo of Steven

Steven

• 71 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Is it fixed yet?
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Not yet, sadly. We are aware of the impact on your business and are working very hard to prevent future occurrences. Please drop me an email at support@yola.com and mark it "Attention Monique".
Photo of Vinny Lingham

Vinny Lingham

• 12 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hi Steven (and other affected users)

We take outages like this very seriously and are putting measures in place to prevent this, however this is the second time in a week that we are under attack from unscrupulous individuals who are trying to deny service to our users. We have our engineers working around the clock right now to fix the problem and we will have an update for you shortly. Our track record of uptime is exception on an annual basis (over 99.99% - so please forgive us over this past week).

We appreciate your business here at Yola, and understand how important uptime is to both your business and ours - so please bear with us while we resolve this issue.

Sincerely

Vinny Lingham

CEO, Yola
Photo of hankoctown

hankoctown

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Steven, I am a seasoned web builder and have had many businesses online. An outage like this is par for the course no matter which web host you go with. Just wait it out, the issue will be fixed soon.
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Thanks so much for your kind words of support. Can't tell you how much we appreciate it right now!
Photo of Lion

Lion

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This is not fun. I can't do anything. Lion Radio Website
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
I agree! It is not fun at all! I hope we can get this behind us quickly.
Photo of Ed-a-Torials @ Honey Bear Playhomes

Ed-a-Torials @ Honey Bear Playhomes, Champion

• 2582 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
I have had the pleasure of using YOLA's fine sitebuilder for what seems years and years and even with this hiccup see no reason whatsoever to keep concerned...

It is in fact not their fault and it is out of their control because hackers are hackers. There are these types of attacks on each and every site builder on the web, government websites and even I bet your very own social networking site where you keep in touch with your friends.

Yola has done a wonderful job keeping our sites secure in the past and I can feel their resolve and desire to continue to carry on the same level of security and assurance that they have given us for so very long.

I have the utmost faith in the stunning employees of a stunning company...

Please let us all offer them our thanks and admiration for being on the front line of an attack on not just them but each and every one of us. They are not in it alone but just as we have a military to protect us in an actual battle we need to show them that we are behind them in this virtual battle.

Happy site building and Thank you Yola... Keep your chins up wherever you may be...
Ed

You can find me with my head in the honey pot here...

Take this down time to look through my Honey Bear Playhomes Tips and Favs to find something new for your website... ;)
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Thanks Ed! We really appreciate this. Would say more about how much if I wasn't slammed, but you know it's true!

• 2582 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Puppies always make me happy. Who can be depressed when looking at something that adorable! Thanks :)
Photo of dbryant550

dbryant550

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Im wanting my money back, this is twice right about the time for my crawl, have all my optimizations done and this is day 5 since my last crawl! last time they crawled during down time, and guess what to the end of the search engine I went, been fighting to get back since, and im guessing my crawl will come while we are down now!! seems like a waste of money to sit around waiting for a crawl and finally get it when the server is down and get worse placement!

• 2582 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
While I truly feel your pain as I personally have all my sites down as well I should point out that if it were not for Yola's amazing up-time in the past my sites would not have earned tens of thousands of dollars in revenue. For that I thank them again... ;)

As to your comment about crawling and your site being down while you think it is being crawled might I add a link to my thread on just the subject.

http://forum.yola.com/yola/topics/fre...

Each time I edit my site I let the main web crawlers know that I updated it and guess what... Within a short while they crawl my site again... It often is best to let them know before they crawl on their own to speed up the process. When your site is back up use the link I provided to let them know my friend...

PS. If it were not for Yola I would not be on the first page of 90% of my desired keywords and phrases (hundreds) so Thank you Yola for that as well...
Photo of dbryant550

dbryant550

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
hey I did not know about that deal to let the crawler know to come back! that might be a big help, as I said last time we were down my webmasters tools were filled with crawler errors that sucked, this time I will try that link, thnk you

• 2582 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
Knowing the tricks is what makes your site stand out above the others and get to the golden first 5 pages of all your searches... I wish you luck with your endeavors...

While I don't know it all I shared much here for all to use.

http://forum.yola.com/yola/topics/hon...
Photo of dbryant550

dbryant550

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I should have picked a better web host to start with, I guess I will learn from my mistakes
Photo of mred1220

mred1220

• 59 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Thanks Guys & Gals, glad to see your up and running again!

Your up-time track record is great, so I can understand what kind of headache your experiencing.

Maybe my Joke of the Day will help cheer you up some on this football day!

Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
We are happy to be back as well! Thanks for your encouragement!
Photo of Jody Lindberg

Jody Lindberg

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you so much for all your tireless work, and i do apoligize for my height of frustration, as i did not realize that it was the ENTIRE yola site that was experiencing problems. Yola truly is a great site, with a incredible support system. I am so happy to have the wonderful site that Yola has helped me create back up and running.
Thanks so much Yola!!!!!!!
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hi Jody

Your frustration was totally understandable given the dire situation with which we were dealing. We really appreciate you voicing your support and encouragement - this definitely gives us a boost during this trying time. We are glad to hear that your sites are now back up - that is the type of news we want to hear! :)