New to Yola

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Answered
Hello everyone my name is Dakota Brant and I am new to Yola,I am very impressed at the ease of building this website and the many great features it offers.I have built my website for a huge project that I have created here in Swan Lake First Nations Manitoba Canada please let me know what else I can do to improve thank you.
Photo of Dakota Brant

Dakota Brant

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Gop

Gop

• 189 Posts
  • 54 Reply Likes
Hi Dakota. You may like to tell us your website URL so that we may enjoy and learn.

As far as improving I suggest a couple of things. One to look at the featured sites of Yola builders and secondly to search for award winning sites generally and see what takes your eye. The first thing that you will probably realise is the variation in designs and secondly the functional aspects that intrigue you.

Design is very personal but the Yola templates give you a good starting point. The functions sometimes appear mysterious and sometimes hard to track down because of the definitions used. That's really where Yola Forum can help. If you describe the function you would like to use then it's likely that you will be given a reference or a jump start with a bit of code. Then it really begins to go.

Your project sounds fascinating and I hope that we can see it.
Photo of Dakota Brant

Dakota Brant

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
sorry I forgot to put my websits. www.tribalmemories.ca
Photo of diane

diane

• 1238 Posts
  • 121 Reply Likes
Hi, Dakota,

Looks like a great project! My family and I visited an Ojibwa village this summer and had so much fun and learned a lot.

A couple suggestions. Maybe a few more details about what the project is on the home page; it's not completely clear at first. Also, the different colors are hard to read especially the purple. White on black is best.

Good luck with your website.
Photo of Philip Taylor

Philip Taylor

• 355 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Bright,colorful and interesting. Well done !
You may like to get someone to proof-read the entry page though... accept, not except for instance