New Yola Test Site !!

• Idea
  • Updated 11 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Outdated thread

Hi all, I've created a community test website where anyone can create, test
and do pretty much what they want with. Except delete it off course.

Use it to help others get code off, or to show off design tips.
You have carte blanche ! If you upload pictures to it - please create
your own folder in the file manager. There are no rules for now !
Lets create some guidelines for its use. Input appreciated.
It's everyone's site.

The site's name: http://ourtest.yolasite.com/
The Email Address is: yolasite@gmail.com (was lucky with that one)
The Yola Password is: yolasitepassword

You can even checkout it's mail at Gmail:
Username: yolasite@gmail.com
Password: yolasitepassword
Photo of Boomer

Boomer, Champion

• 2055 Posts
  • 84 Reply Likes

Posted 11 years ago

Photo of Alex

Alex

• 3448 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Thanks Alex. I've added it now to the link page! =)
Photo of Alex

Alex

• 3448 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
:), i just saw, littlus, do you have internet explorer?
Photo of Alex

Alex

• 3448 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
if you do then please can you re take the screenshot in it because my site looks kinda rubbish in FF (the stuff lines up in order in IE)
Photo of Ed-a-Torials @ Honey Bear Playhomes

Ed-a-Torials @ Honey Bear Playhomes, Champion

• 2582 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
hey guys my antivirus went crazy with something on the index page (published) and thought that you should check into the widget with searchfeed.com. Spyware doctor says it is a Trojan with a HIGH threat level. You may want to rethink this site or monitor each and every code every day. I would hate to see others get a bug from something that they thought was safe. Additionally, you have over 6 errors pop up. Can’t recall for what but if you clear your memory you will more than likely see them too...
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hi Ed

Thanks for letting us know about this. I have not received any messages at all regarding potential threats or any error pop-ups. Do you think it's possibly the chatbox? Or do you feel it may be something else? I
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hi Ed

Thanks for letting us know about this. I have not received any messages at all regarding potential threats or any error pop-ups. Do you think it's possibly the chatbox? Or do you feel it may be something else?
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Has anyone else experienced what Mr. Ed encountered?

• 2582 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
The errors are related to jCarousel

And after clearing the memory of my blocking that "searchfeed.com" in my spyware doctor I visited your site once more but the warning did not show. Did someone remove it already?

It seems to me to be a little risky in that anyone can simply pop onto the site and place a hidden snippet of code into any code you place on the site for use by others.

Whenever I use a code I always read through every line first. New users do not know how to do this and they are at the mercy of the codes authenticity .

Hmmm interesting topic that you may wish to review a little more. ;)
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
You bring up a very valid concern Ed. This is something I'm struggling to find a balance with - to make a site that is open to everyone yet protect the integrity of the codes. I have posted earlier in regards to this concern. I am still waiting to hear of people's ideas of how we can address this. If you have any thoughts on this matter, I'd love to hear your opinion.

• 2582 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
ohhh you know the trojan warning may have been one of the ads which appear on the shoutbox ads and as they rotate the ads that would explain the warning not being there when I checked again. If you continue to use the ad based shoutbox you will run into this from time to time. I think it may be a bit on the risky side...
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Thanks Ed. I'm not comfortable with that chatbox because of the ads. I've already been looking into others. Hopefully I can find something to replace it with.
Photo of stormydaycrafts.com

stormydaycrafts.com

• 110 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
i got a virus siren myself it was loud and i was taking a drink of hot coffee.. was not fun. then i had to check my pants. but im all better now!

it happened for me i do believe on the pop-up. not too sure, my comp blocked me from going into the site any further.

• 2582 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
Check my pants... Ha ha ha

Got a good smile out of that one LOL

stormydaycrafts.com

• 110 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
omg i started choking when i saw that pic. i woke up the sleeping babies lmfao.... oh well i had to wake them up in few to go pick the other 2 up from school.
Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Ed, love your pictures!! I'm glad I wasn't drinking coffee when I saw this.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
I will be changing the chatbox tonight!! I definitely do not want to chase people away from this site and having to double-check their pants!! ; )

stormydaycrafts.com

• 110 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
thanks lol
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
I added a new chatbox. Please let me know if you have any problems. Thanks so much!

• 2582 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
SORRY R & M that was a bit of Photofunia.com and not photo shop... I understand completely why it was removed... You know I luv ya right?
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
No worries. Thanks for understanding. BTW I use "photoshopping" to refer to any picture editing. Not sure if that is general use or not. I should probably find out.
Photo of Sheep-Dude

Sheep-Dude

• 25 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I think we should add a link or have a page in the menu called 'navigation or something along those lines. The only way to know about some pages is to go to the site editor and look at the list of pages that have been created. many of the pages are helpful as they provide tutorials. I would be happy to create such a page. also, i opened it in explorer and firefox but I cant see the chatbox. but i can see the link at the bottom that says 'get your own'
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
I'm not sure I understand SheepDude. If the site has been updated and new content has been added, it is on the navigation menu under its appropriate category. The pages that have not made its way to the published site is still under construction.

Thanks for letting me know about the chatbox. It's strange though that you cannot see it as I can see it on both FF and IE. I may have to be on the hunt once again. I want this to be an easy accessible chat box.
Photo of Alex

Alex

• 3448 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Is The Virus Gone because i Dont Have Ani Virus?
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
I believe so Alex. I think it had to do with those on the previous chat box. I put in a new chat box but it seems like this new one might be a problem too. Not with a virus, but just not being accessible.
Photo of Alex

Alex

• 3448 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
thanks littleus
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Can someone please test the new chat box for me? I can't tell if I'm the only one who can use it which would defeat the purpose of this chat box! =0
Photo of lambofgod

lambofgod

• 875 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
I am in the chat box right now. I only see me online. Don't know if it is working or not. I just posted a message on it.
Photo of Dill Shellard

Dill Shellard

• 142 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hay Littleus, the chat box looks great. Well done with finding such a good-looking chat box.
Looking great mate.
-Dillshellard
Photo of Dill Shellard

Dill Shellard

• 142 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Also guys I suggest we have a new topic about this as this topic is getting rather full, and can sometimes take a while loading and scrolling down the long list of comments.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Just wanted to let people know that the site is undergoing some major (in some ways) changes. You will not have access while this is taking place.

Thanks for being patient.