NO PAYED FEATURES!!!!!!

• Idea
  • Updated 10 years ago
  • Not Planned
i have seen many people requesting for "Features For Fee".

i personally willl be on the brink of leaving Yola if that happens,

i think that i speek for everyone when i say
the glory & thing that most Yola users love about Yola is that everybody gets the same FREE full package.

people like weebly & webs make you pay to ad HTML to your sites!
i think the companys should be closed,

YOLA STAY FREE!
1 PACKAGE FOR ALL!!

thanks

Alex

http://filey.yolasite.com/
http://sportie.yolasite.com/
Photo of Alex

Alex

• 3448 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
  • Alex

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Alex

I am sorry you feel this way. However, Yola's intention has always been to introduce premium features that will carry a fee. This is the only way that we will be in a position to carry on offering free hosting and site building.

We would be highly irresponsible if we did not have a definite business plan in mind that would make us money and allow us to sustain ourselves as a business. Unless we did this, the day would come that we would have to shut down. Please keep in mind that the things we give away for free cost us millions of dollars and the money has to come from somewhere.

I am happy that Yola is going to release paid features for people who want something extra for their sites, while continuing to offer a high quality free service at the same time.

Not the same package for everyone, but the best of both worlds for everyone! I am glad that Yola is not going to throw away all the hard work people have put into their sites by failing to create a sustainable business.
Photo of papa

papa

• 327 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Hi all
If Yola has decided that they need to charge a fee, then they should. Whenever changes are made some people resist. It's just human nature. Then there are some people who welcome change. When I get comfortable with something I do not want change, but I can adjust & learn. There is good in change no matter how much I resist. Change is more scarier than I want to admit, but by opening my mind I can adjust & learn.

I would love to see Yola stay the way it is. Like Monique says charging a fee may help Yola stay competitive in todays market. Some one has to pay the bill and wages. I have enjoyed this free ride but the tax man cometh.

Before I will complain about the Premium Features that will carry a fee let's see what the features are. If it seems like the fees aren't worth it than I'll have to make some choices. I do not have to get the Premium Features, I can always pay the fee if needed, look around at others place to build sites, compare fees for services, shut my sites down, or open my mind and be O.K. with change. If i do not need Premium Features I won't buy them.

There is a lot of behind the scenes that I might not see, realized or take for granted. Perhaps some day Yola could put out a brief statement on how much this all cost then maybe myself and others could get a better picture of where the monies go or would go. After all if I myself have Yola Pride I can adjust to Premium Features. I trust that the premium features would be in addition to the "free service" that we now received & will not be diminished the free services.

Before I jump ship and condemn the Premium Features I like to see what they are. I trust that with the addition of fees paid it would indirectly reflect to all users and not just the one that pay. If service decline for the "Free Site" & they are treat like second class citizens then I'll have a problem and have to deal with it then. If the Premium Fee for service received better service for same problem that I have, I will have to look at my options.

I like to think all will be treated as they are now. With Yola being open minded to the various request from all, the least that I can do is be open minded to see where Yola is going. After I found Yola & the winners in Yola I choose to remain with Yola Winners for now. I've look around before I got here & I like what I found. That has not changed.

I have been given a great chance to learn. Yola, The Community of "Get Satisfaction", & all involve out front and behind the scenes, THANK YOU for the education that in ongoing for myself.

Will there be one fee for Premium Features per site or will one fee apply to all sites?
If each site carries it own fee will there be a discount for more sites? Will the fees be transferable to another site if I close one site down or have to re-purchase the Premium Feature again or be credited toward a different site?

Maybe Yola could set up a place where we can e-mail our questions to & have the Q & A place here in Get Satisfaction in the future?

Thank You
Papa
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Hi Papa

Thank you for your thoughtful and detailed feedback. As always, you show a great deal if insight and your posts encourage us to think more deeply about the nature of our service and what it means to customers such as yourself. We really appreciate this.

While I can't share exact details just yet, because some of the details are still being worked out, here is what I can tell you for now:

1) Yola will always be open to customer questions and feedback. You can always ask any questions in this forum, or you can email support@yola.com with questions regarding premium features, or any other aspect of the Yola service. When we do release premium features we will definitely put up a FAQ page that will strive to answer as many questions as possible up front, but there will also be a contact link for any additional questions, concerns or suggestions you may have.

2) We will always value all our customers and strive to offer an excellent service. We are committed to maintaining the quality of service you have come to expect from the Company and the Support team for all customers as premium services are added. We certainly do not intend to drop our standards. If anything, we will strive to improve.

3) Yola understands that it's customers have the option not to purchase premium features, or go elsewhere if they feel they are not getting value for money. As such, we are fully aware that as we introduce paid features, they will have to have clear and obvious value for the customer, and they will need to be priced competitively and fairly. It will then be up to you to make a judgment on what you wish to continue using for free, and what, if anything, you wish to purchase.

4) The addition of paid features will increase the number of options available to customers, and will assist our overall development as we continually improve Yola and all that it has to offer.

Thank you for your loyalty and your willingness to give Yola a fair chance to demonstrate good faith and valuable service before making a judgment. We will certainly be very open to feedback from all our customers as we plan and implement further developments.
Photo of Alex

Alex

• 3448 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
well thanks monique,

i never thought about making money!

just al long as free features keep coming out then I WILL STAY WITH YOLA!!
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Thanks for keeping an open mind. We will have more information for you about Yola developments soon.
Photo of Alex

Alex

• 3448 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
thanks monique,

Alex