no search box?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Seem bizarre that Yola have not got Search Boxes on their sites, Many eCommerce sites depend on this standard feature.

Is there going to be a search box feature soon? This should be standard across all eCommerce sites.

Many thanks
Lee.
Photo of Smiths Soaps

Smiths Soaps

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • Disappointed.

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hi,

If you are using the Online Store then this comes with a Search box in place which can be moved to a different position if required.

If you wish to use a search box on your site generally then implementation of Google Site Search or FreeFind have been successful for Yola built sites.
Photo of Smiths Soaps

Smiths Soaps

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Gop

Sorry, I can't see the search box in the online shop, where can I find it.

Thanks for your advice.

Lee

www.handmadesoapsonline.co.uk
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hi Lee,

Whoa! Nice site. Congratulations on a beautifully fresh design.

The answer is incomplete :( I can see the Searchbox on all 4 pages of "Soaps" but not on any others?

I will look into this and get back to you but may I ask if you have added or amended any Store CSS? Wondering if this has done something to the default searchbox code? Lazy question I know but may help me cone down to a relevant reason
Photo of Smiths Soaps

Smiths Soaps

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I must be missing something, I simply cannot see a "search" box anywhere on the website.

I am using Google Chrome and have also tried on I.E 10... Not changed any CCS, wouldn't know where to start! lol

All I see on each product page is a pull down menu for sorting purposes.

It's a mystery!

Thanks for you help and advice anyway.

Lee.
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hi Lee,

Apologies I was looking at the sort box as a way to search based on layout.

You can add a search box by adding some code in an HTML widget to each page you wish the searchbox to appear

It requires an initial input of your store number, which I have listed as Store_Number within the code. Your Store number can be found in the Online Store page of the sitebuilder and thereafter the search products will be specific to your store. If you wish to style this further you can by adjusting some Store CSS

<div>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://app.ecwid.com/script.js?Store_Number" charset="utf-8"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"> xSearchPanel("style="); </script>
</div>
Photo of Smiths Soaps

Smiths Soaps

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Gop

thanks very much for this code, it works a treat.

Thanks again for all your help.

God Bless

Lee.
www.handmadesoapsonline.co.uk

www.facebook.com/yamyamsoaps
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
That really is good news. Hoping your site roars ahead and you have a well earned successful business.