non-active accounts deleted. after 150days of inactivity

• Idea
  • Updated 9 years ago
  • Not Planned
Hi.

I have tried to create different sites and wanted a particular URL. the problem is the url i wanted to use is being used. Tho this person hasn't updated there site for over 16months. Can synthasite make it arfter a certain amount of days your account/ or urls are deleted. Synthasite will also make more room on your accounts server
Photo of Shaq

Shaq

• 868 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
  • confident

Posted 9 years ago

Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Hi Shaq

We have no plans to delete inactive accounts at this time. We want to give people every opportunity to come back and work on their sites when they wish to.

What is the domain name you wanted? Maybe I can suggest an alternative.
Photo of Shaq

Shaq

• 868 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi Monique. I am using moonfruit for this site, as the domain i wantted was available
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Excellent. I am glad you found a solution.
Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
There is the problem that 1 day all the good subdomain names will be gone and most of them will be out of use. I understand your point Monique that "We want to give people every opportunity to come back and work on their sites when they wish to" but Shaq also has a point when he says that not getting the subdomain you want or the next 5 alternatives may also be off putting to first time synthasite users.
Its like youtube - all the good account names are gone and the most of them will not be in use anymore.

Maybe some kind of 5 year inactive period would be more of a comprimising suggestion. You could include a few emails as warnings approaching the 5 year period.

Just a thought. - Love you all.
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
As I say, this is not something we plan to do just yet as there are still plenty of good domains available. If the need arises we will use proper procedure to implement it, but we have no plans for this just yet.
Photo of Shaq

Shaq

• 868 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Monique the site URL i wanted seems to be owned by a person under 13. due to the photo. Do you want me to email the link?