Ongoing 404 error issue needing further help

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: 404 errors from blog

The other week I found over 2600 404 errors using webmaster tools. Since then I have deleted all the relevant pages from my Yola site. Have removed the URLs on WMT. Have resubmitted my sitemap with the new updates and still the errors are there and Google is able to find these pages.

Since then, each day, Google discovers more and more errors on my site and I'm back to 68 now. This number increases daily.

Can anyone offer further help? I can't get my head around how Google can see these pages when they do not exist.

The page used to be a blog page on Yola. An example page is - http://www.a-class-driving.com/a-clas...

Please help. Thanks in advance
Photo of Will

Will

• 252 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
  • still full of errors

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas, Social Media Coordinator

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Will,

I can only imagine how frustrating this is for you. Unfortunately we have reviewed your concerns with a number of experts and we all believe that this is on Google's end and there is nothing further we can advise that will assist you.

I am going to merge all of your related topics into your original topic. We welcome you to continue updating us on what unfolds on this thread. We do ask that you refrain from opening new topics here regarding this issue.