Online Store questions before I upgrade :-)

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Answered
Hello
Is it possible to add different pricing to a product with the online store widget i.e 1 costs £1.50 but you can buy 2 for £2 and also can I offer free delivery on their first order?
Photo of Nicola Harvey

Nicola Harvey

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hello Nicola,

This is all possible with the Online Store. It would require some arguments to be added
Photo of Nicola Harvey

Nicola Harvey

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Gop
Thank you for the reply, but can you explain what arguments are and how I would add them.
Sorry website building is not my forte!
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
To offer a free shipping with a first order the solution that comes to mind is the use of a coupon code. The user would add this code with their first order.

The second facility of a discount price can be effected by the use of the discount facility which is available within the Online Store.

There are other workarounds as well. For example you could offer normal shipping with the first order but send them a coupon of free Shipping on a second order. This approach is less open to abuse and is a reasonable selling strategy. Quite possible that free first orders will be used for this purpose only and then never return :)

Discounts are an easy feature as are combined products with discounts.

Argument here is a generic term meaning the logic applied to the process.
Photo of Nicola Harvey

Nicola Harvey

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you - I'll add the online store widget and start creating my shop and see how I go!
Now I know there is great help available I am sure this wont be my last question!!
Thanks again.
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Photo of Nicola Harvey

Nicola Harvey

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm back so soon!!
I have added two products to my store and have gone back to the dashboard and it wont let me go to the next step because it say's I haven't added any products..do you know why this would be?
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hi Nicola,

After you add each product you have to click on the blue Save button. The shortcut is CTRL + S
Photo of Nicola Harvey

Nicola Harvey

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I've done that and the products already added are showing when I click on add product but it still says on the dashboard I need to add a product before I can go to the next step...arrrrhhhhh
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
What is your intended next step? (I'm trying to mirror your movement through the control panel)
Photo of Nicola Harvey

Nicola Harvey

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I don't really know know - I'm presuming its the shop setup - the message says You must add a product to
advance to the next step.
Photo of Nicola Harvey

Nicola Harvey

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Panic over - I've just refreshed again and they are there now - Thanks again for helping :-)
Photo of Stefan

Stefan

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Thank you for your great help on this thread, Gop.