Only 1 widget per Synthasite page?

• Question
  • Updated 11 years ago
  • Answered
Can only one widget be used on a single page? So there is no way to have text with images inserted in the text with captions, etc? I can't have a text section at top of page and map at bottom?
Photo of Buck

Buck

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 11 years ago

Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Buck

Absolutely not! With SynthaSite you can have as many widgets as you like on your page!! :-) Just keep dragging and dropping more and more onto the same page until you have everything you want!

To insert images in a text box, click on the "insert image" icon on the text editing toolbar (roughly in the middle of the tool bar, between "insert link" and the "bulleted lists" icons - just hover over the icons and the tooltips will tell you when you have found the right one) You can then add an image and type a caption next to or below it.

To have text at the top and a map at the bottom of the page, drop a map widget below a text widget.

Our art director is working on a tutorial that will help with designing your web pages which should be available shortly. In the meantime, thanks for asking this question. I am sure others will benefit from this discussion!

Good luck with your site.

Best wishes
Monique
Photo of Buck

Buck

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Monique,
Thank you for replying. I tried dozens of times to put more than one widget on a page and every time, as soon as I dragged it onto a page with another widget, a red circle with a line thru it would appear. I have no idea why, after reading your response, all of a sudden, the widgets already on the page move out of the way and make room for the new widget. Don't know what else to say about it - it's working fine now. Must've been me.
Thanks!
Buck
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Not at all.

Dropping a second widget can be a bit sensitive, so you have to jiggle the mouse around until you find exactly the right place to drop it (when the green box with the dotted line appears)

We are working on a change to our work flow that will make all this easier and more intuitive.

For now I am glad to hear that it is working for you. We would never want to restrict you to only one widget!