Options for banner changes.

• Idea
  • Updated 10 years ago
  • Planned
I've changed the banner on a theme/template I'm using. I think it may be easier if the changes you make to an index page banner, should automatically carry over to any new pages as you create them. Does anyone agree?
Photo of Tiggs

Tiggs

• 74 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • just wondering.

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Hi Tiggs

In my opinion both options should be available. You should be able to set your banner at a page level or a site level. Many people like to add a different banner to each page to customize the look of each page, while others would like to set the same banner for the whole site.

If you have many pages, changing the banner each time can be very tedious. We are aware of this need and we are working on a solution.
Photo of Parthiv

Parthiv

• 126 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Feature complete! (I'm going through old ideas and getting their status updated - cleaning up!)
Photo of LillyHFB

LillyHFB

• 38 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I support this idea, and just adding here that I checked at Tripod and Bravenet and they both offer this feature. I personally like the uniformity with one single identifying banner with my own logo on it on all the pages.

Hoping that they will offer this here at Yola soon, please.

Sincerely,

LillyHFB
Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
what monique says is correct - if it was only apply to all pages you would be stuck without the option, But yes i agree, apply to all pages should be a feature of Yola - In the mean time have you tried using 'save page as' instead of using the 'new page' its a good workround.

Lee./
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Thanks for letting us know LillyFB! It's very important to us to know what our users are interested in seeing.

Kind Regards,
Emmy
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hey all!

Yola now gives you the option to upload a different banner image on each page of your site, or apply the same banner image to all pages. To apply the banner image to all the pages on your site:

1. Click on "Edit Page Design", then click on "Banner Image" and "Apply to All Pages".
2. A dialog box will open asking you to confirm whether you would like to apply the change to all the pages on your site. Click on "Apply and Save" if you would like to go ahead.

This will apply the banner images to all of the pages of your site.

For more on how to personalize your style see our tutorial Personalize Your Style.

Emmy