Organizing data with widgets

• Question
  • Updated 9 years ago
  • Answered
At the moment, this is how I am organizing my radio shows. Is there a better way of doing this?

It would be great if there is a way to duplicate widgets so that you don't have to redefine the wheel so to speak. :)
Photo of Randy

Randy

• 643 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
  • curious

Posted 9 years ago

Photo of Boomer

Boomer, Champion

• 2055 Posts
  • 84 Reply Likes
1. You may have missed the link I posted above. It looks like it may be possible.
I've never tried it though: http://www.richardfarrar.com/embeddin...

2. No

3. You can adjust the size of the frames but they both need to be the same size on both sites. This is done in the first line of code where it says "width" and "height".
Play around with different sizes and link placements. Remember the snap shot gets cropped if the links are to close to the edges.

4. You can create as many pages on the test site (hosting site) as you want.
Each option value must reflect those (hosted) pages that you want to display.
The option values are the ones that are displayed in orange in the site builder.
Each option value has a URL of the link you want to display and a text portion that will appear in the drop down. Hope that all makes sense.
Photo of Randy

Randy

• 643 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Thanks Boomer. Can you send me the code you used for the 2009 list. I would imagine all I have to do is create a new page (iFrame2009 for example), and then paste the code in an HTML widget?

I'm still trying to wrap my head how I can use this for my playlists as well as the radio shows. Just not sure where the code goes.

Can I put for example, 2008 and 2009 in one frame.

Thanks for your patience Boomer. I will see the light shortly :) I hope.
Photo of Boomer

Boomer, Champion

• 2055 Posts
  • 84 Reply Likes
If you want to put 2008 and 2009 in one frame you will have to use tables.
It's quite easy as well. Look here: http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_ta...
Photo of Randy

Randy

• 643 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
If you go to my site and select the testpage, then select playlist2009 from the drop down menu, when you select a playlist, it doesn't open up to the width I selected (863px)
Photo of Boomer

Boomer, Champion

• 2055 Posts
  • 84 Reply Likes
Try changing the iframecode to 863px as well.
Photo of Randy

Randy

• 643 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
I changed both to 800 and it doesn't seem to work. See my testpage2 page at www.mcran.com and select the playlist2009 option from the drop down menu.
Photo of Boomer

Boomer, Champion

• 2055 Posts
  • 84 Reply Likes
I meant this part Randy :-)

Photo of Randy

Randy

• 643 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Thanks Boomer. I didn't even notice that.
Is there a way to have the iframe without the window that appears when you hover over an item?

Photo of Boomer

Boomer, Champion

• 2055 Posts
  • 84 Reply Likes
If you are talking about the Snap Shot tool, then no - This is controlled from their side. If you are talking about the frame border, then yes - Just set border =0