Page Out of Date - Can't Save!! Help

• Problem
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Acknowledged
I'm getting the page out of date error. I see some other posts regarding this in the forum, but do not see any with clear resolutions posted. Is there any updated on this bug? I'm use IE8 brower. I do not hvae multiple instances of sitebuilder open.

It first started after a LOOOOONG site publish. I clicked "publish to web" and it took a long time...not sure it ever finished. I eventually clicked to close the publish dialog box because I thought it was frozen, but when I clicked the x to close it, suddenly the "publish successful" text displayed. However when I went to look at my site, there were not changes. After this is when I started getting the "Page Out of Date" error.

Any ideas??
Photo of Nathaniel Q Altfeather

Nathaniel Q Altfeather

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hello Nathaniel,

This is a bug that is affecting a few users and our engineers are still trying to work out why this is happening.

At this time we feel switching browsers will help the problem. Can you please try using Firefox or Safari if you are not currently using one of them. Firefox is a free download if you would like to give it a try: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/.

We've also received your email in Support and you will get a reply in due course.

Nathaniel Q Altfeather

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Marije, I will download firefox at home (at work now) and see if that helps.
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hi Nathaniel,
If you continue to have trouble with this can you please shoot us an email at support@yola.com and we can continue to work with you on this. Please let us know how Marije's suggestion goes for you.

Thanks so much,
Emmy
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Hi Nathaniel, even though IE 8 is supported browser, I recommended Firefox or Google Chrome. They are both faster browsers and they work better with Yola. They have SS3 which has border-radius and has a bunch of other stuff which makes the appearances of the site look better. Here is how it looks in Google Chrome:

You could still use both browsers - just we recommended Firefox for Yola.

Sincerely,
Nathan
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Oh, sorry for posting this, I didn't see Marije's post above about Firefox.

Nathaniel Q Altfeather

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
When I arrived home to night the changes I was trying to make at work today using IE8 were saved and published, it seems to have simply taken a long time. In either case, I still downloaded firefox and am able to edit, save and publish without a problem using Firefox.