Page won't publish or run code

• Problem
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Solved
I have a little problem. When I go into the site builder, the page stops working, and the red info box says OPENING PAGE. HTML code does not run but is viewable as text, the site says that it is published when it really is not, and I cannot delete anything. As this is an organization page, I would HUGELY appreciate if you could fix this ASAP! I run Vista Premium, but have tried with the same results on XP Home, and Ubuntu. Also, this happens in IE, Firefox, Chrome, AND Safari, which is supposed to be "bugless." (not really a little problem :\ ) Please help!
Photo of blackhawk

blackhawk

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 9 years ago

Photo of Kershnee

Kershnee

• 2087 Posts
  • 152 Reply Likes
Hi Blackhawk,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. Please can I have the URL of your site.
Photo of blackhawk

blackhawk

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Well, I took it down. It used to be troop555bg.synthasite.com, but there IS a technical error page on troop555bg.yolasite.com. In case you need to know, my login is blackhawktch@gmail.com. And no, I won't give you my password. You should be able to look it up on your server.
Photo of Kershnee

Kershnee

• 2087 Posts
  • 152 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Blackhawk,

Thank you for the additional info. The reason you getting invalid HTML component error's on your page is because you have added in invalid HTML code. Would you like me to fix up this code on your page?
Photo of blackhawk

blackhawk

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes, because when I try to, the page jams up. (I think the invalid code goes to a hit counter that crashed) If you could ONLY DELETE THE MALFUNCTIONING CODE, that would be great. There is code on the home page and the "members-only" page. There might be bad code on the "calendar" page, too.
Photo of tcnguyen1

tcnguyen1

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm having this problem right now! Can you fix it? I accidentally put in the header:

The title of your home page
<!-- x1y7P63duN-0XQJJDmuRwR93ZeM -->
You could put your verification ID in a
comment

Or, in its own meta tag
meta
Or, as one of your keywords

Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here.

Now it's screwing up my entire site!
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello tcnguyen1

I'm sorry to tell you that we cannot fix this for you. It would take us much longer than it would take for you to redo the page.

So what you will need to do is delete the page and create a new page. If it's the homepage which is affected, you will need to name the page "index" to become the home page.

In your Yola Sitebuilder, click on Page > Delete Page in the main menu. Then click on Page > Add New Page.