paypal - how do you add postage?

• Question
  • Updated 8 years ago
  • Answered
Hi does anyone know how do you add postage to the paypal widget? also is there a way to do multiple things for one item i.e. different sizes etc?

thanks
Photo of zoegell

zoegell

• 17 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of Ed-a-Torials @ Honey Bear Playhomes

Ed-a-Torials @ Honey Bear Playhomes, Champion

• 2582 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
Hi Zoegell

Unfortunately the Yola Online Paypal widget doesn't yet offer this feature. However, you can add it to your site by visiting a thread I started here...

http://forum.yola.com/yola/topics/add...

Shipping and postage are the same thing to Paypal... ;)

As to the product size part of your question the Yola Online Store widgets don't yet offer this feature. However, you can add to your site by visiting PayPal and customizing the code so that you can have a size selection (or other) on your site. Here's how:

1. Sign into your PayPal account.
2. Click the "Merchant services" tab in the horizontal menu.
3. Click the "Buy Now Button" or the "Add to Cart Button".
4. Choose button type and enter name and payment details.
5. Check the "Add drop-down menu with price/option" box half-way down the page.
6. Add the details of your selection.
7. Click "Done".
8. When done editing click "Create Button".
9. In the next window and in the (Website) code box click the "Select Code".
10. Right click on the highlighted text and click "Copy".
11. Open your site editor and drag an HTML widget where you need it.
12. In the HTML widget paste the code.
13. Then Update your site.

Happy site building
Ed

You can find me with my head in the honey pot here...

Honey Bear Playhomes Tips and Favs in one place... A Honey bear Playhomes Tip ;)
Photo of Dré

Dré

• 201 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi zoegell,

Just a quick add on the really great advice that Ed has already shared with you-

You would need to add the cost of shipping to the price in the description field or include it in the total cost of your product. We are hoping to add more functionality (like this one) to the PayPal widgets in the near future.

We have a tutorial that explains how to create an online store: Creating An Online Store, that you can look at for more information.

An alternative is to create your buttons and customize the shipping rates on PayPal.com. For information on how to add shipping to your products, please view PayPal's Website Payments Standard Integration Guide PDF (5.8mb PDF). Once you've customized your settings on PayPal, you can copy the HTML embed code provided and add it to your site using the HTML widget.

Hope this helps!
Photo of zoegell

zoegell

• 17 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks so much for your help on this. I will try this and hopefully it will work.
Photo of abe

abe

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Frequently Asked Questions for Neopost Postage meters

How does Neopost's neoFunds service work?

You can download the postage that you need, whenever you need it – no need to prepay
We will pay the Postal Service for you for the postage that you requested
Each month that you have account activity, you'll receive a neoFunds postage invoice that itemizes all of the postage downloads into your mailing machine for that monthly billing period
You can take up to 28 days from the statement date to pay by check, ACH, or online

http://www.neopostinc.com