Planned Downtime for published websites December 11, 2010

• Announcement
  • Updated 8 years ago
We are performing routine maintenance on the servers that host our published websites in order to make them more resistant to failure in the future. We suspect that you could see periods where your website is unavailable beginning on December 11, 2010 at 1am PST and expect maintenance to last for an hour. We're sorry that this may involve some slight unavailability of your website, but we're confident that this work will prove to be invaluable for the stability of your websites in the long run.

We appreciate your patience and support in this matter.
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas, Social Media Coordinator

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
We are beginning our maintenance now. Will try to keep it as short as possible and we will update you on this thread.
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Published sites are going down now 10:10am GMT. We will do our best to have them back up again as soon as possible. Watch this space.
Photo of james allgood

james allgood

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
thanks yola
Photo of Jornes 佐诺斯

Jornes 佐诺斯

• 71 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
hope that your routine maintenance service keeps as short as you can.... =)
Photo of Ceri Thomas

Ceri Thomas

• 24 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I appreciate maintenance must be done but at least put a holding page advising visitors that there's maintenance taking place for x duration, site is back up now but will have lost visitors and money.
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Hi Ceri - we actually did display a message on all our published sites advising visitors that the site would be unavailable for a few minutes. We didn't post the exact duration because we didn't know precisely how long it would take. These things are always an estimate. However, we will be back up again shortly. Some sites may already be available.
Photo of Ceri Thomas

Ceri Thomas

• 24 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
whilst the site was actually down there was no message to be seen, this looks bad to potential customers, you can easily add holding pages whilst doing work on servers through a temporary diversion, we have many sites not with yola and this is our practice when doing maintenance.
Photo of Tico Rey

Tico Rey

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ceri, it had to be done and we were given plenty of warning.
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Hi All

Thank you for your patience while we performed our routine maintenance. Published sites are now back up and all looks to be running smoothly.
Photo of ShannonW

ShannonW

• 23 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
My site is still not up...
www.pokerutility.com
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Hello, I can see your website. It might just be taking a little while to get back on to the internet.
Photo of dan

dan

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
the maintenance has been going on much longer than I expected. I hope my websites (www.bestcatsinfo.com and www.thegameofbasketaball.yolasite.com) don't loose too much money in this ordeal.
Photo of Nazlie

Nazlie

• 1721 Posts
  • 51 Reply Likes
Hi dan
We do understand that you are running a business site and would not like you to lose any money. The planned downtime lasted approximately 30 minutes. However, we have subsequently had a problem with one of our servers and this has now been fixed.
We apologize for the problems you have experienced because of this.

Thank you
Nazlie
Photo of Ceri Thomas

Ceri Thomas

• 24 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Website down again, actually had customers in the site, loss of sales is not acceptable, are you going to reimburse our loses? come on yola you have to be more responsible than this, not all your customers are running little blog websites on yola, you may have cost us our reputation with a couple of customers here.
Photo of Nazlie

Nazlie

• 1721 Posts
  • 51 Reply Likes
Hi Ceri

I understand that you are angry because having downtime may have affected your sales and your reputatioin. We do understand the importance of having your business site up and running and we do not want to cause you loss of revenue. It is most certainly not our intention to harm your business in any way. However I am not in a position to answer your question as to whether we will be reimbursing you for your losses. If you would like to discuss this in more detail, please send an email to support@yola.com and we will assist you.

Thank you
Nazlie
Photo of Nazlie

Nazlie

• 1721 Posts
  • 51 Reply Likes
Hi Everyone

We had a problem with one of our servers after our planned outage earlier today. The issue has now been resolved and all sites are up and running again.

Thank you
Nazlie
Photo of Tim Holland

Tim Holland

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
thank you
tim
Photo of Tico Rey

Tico Rey

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
A thousand thanks for the update, so many places don't inform us.
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
You're right. Some companies just leave you hanging and don't tell you anything, but Yola is awesome! :)
Photo of Nazlie

Nazlie

• 1721 Posts
  • 51 Reply Likes
Hi Tico

Your cute picture made my day! LOL! :) Thank you for the comments and support guys!

We appreciate it!

Take care
Nazlie
Photo of KanThaiDecor

KanThaiDecor

• 2402 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
Business 101 ..... There will be downtime regardless of what type of business you have.
Photo of Tico Rey

Tico Rey

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
That's in intro to business, jeje
Photo of Tico Rey

Tico Rey

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Glad you liked the kitty, everyone knows that tuxies are smarter than other cats.
Photo of Tico Rey

Tico Rey

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Credit where's it's due.
Photo of Tico Rey

Tico Rey

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Lacy can't wait to start a mess in the garden, wait til she's on the farm in Bogotá
Photo of sara0711

sara0711

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hooray for improvements :) And thanks for not making it mid-afternoon :P