Planned Maintenance - UPDATE!

• Question
  • Updated 10 years ago
  • Answered
Yola will be down for some planned routine maintenance in just under an hour (12:15 PDT)

Maintenance has been delayed. We are now looking to disable logins at 7:30 AM PDT

Logins will be disabled for the duration of the maintenance.

We apologize for the inconvenience but hope to be up again soon.

To see when in your timezone: World Clock
Photo of jeremy

jeremy, Employee

• 1349 Posts
  • 90 Reply Likes

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of John McCarthy

John McCarthy

• 1292 Posts
  • 99 Reply Likes
I think i speak for every one who uses yola and there support staff that im getting fed up with people constantly nagging and not beign patient
Photo of Alex

Alex

• 3448 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
yes, i agree john, some people... (tut tut)
Photo of Donald

Donald

• 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
ok... but if Yola OWNS their own servers, shouldn't they have that ability?
Photo of smithy

smithy

• 1222 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! thx yola. and YAYYYYYYYYYYYY again lol
Photo of Donald

Donald

• 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
this might be an unrelevant example. But let's say that I want to "update" my website and test and implement changes. I first make the changes, then I preview the page to test them, then I update the site. None of my customers got a message that said, this website temporarily unavailable. Can't Yola do the same, while we use the "sitebuilder without changes", then they do their magic, then they test their magic, then they "update" their magic... then as us Yola users refresh or go to another page, we are then using the "sitebuilder with changes".?
Photo of Boomer

Boomer, Champion

• 2055 Posts
  • 84 Reply Likes
Yola isn't updating their website, they are updating the site builder software. Get it!!
Photo of KanThaiDecor

KanThaiDecor

• 2402 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
The Nature of The Beast

ALL HOSTING SERVICES have down time and at times close for maintenance...I get such notices from PayPal...Adense and many other services I use.Once in awhile a tech issue pops up and they are down for longer than planned.....My domain is not registered with Yola and at times they have a problem with e mail down time....or servers under denial of service attacks.....Not to be rude but in business the onus is on you to learn the mechanics of how everything works and what is standard operating procedure....You have a choice to either work within the parameters of a given field and help improve upon an existing method or reinvent the wheel if you are that good....Be aware while reinventing the wheel you will be the only one on the cart as it rolls along on new wheels.These are common problems everyone that owns a site or offers a web service has and they are NOT proprietary to Yola.
Photo of Donald

Donald

• 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
I've never seen Yahoo go down and they offer user logins. Maybe I'm just not trying to login during their downtime.
Photo of KanThaiDecor

KanThaiDecor

• 2402 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
Search...yahoo,msn and google downtime you will get results for all..
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Sure thing Boomer. Which one would you like me to delete? Just the recent one, or are there any others you think need to go?
Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
;)
Photo of Boomer

Boomer, Champion

• 2055 Posts
  • 84 Reply Likes
Sorry Monique, just letting off some steam. Getting tired of some peoples whinging.
I just deleted it...well I think it was me?
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Oh, sorry. I thought you meant something else.
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hey Boomer! Thanks for your support of Yola and the work that the team here does, we really do appreciate it. It's our goal to make things great for Yola customers and we're happy lots of you recognize that :)

Emmy
Photo of Boomer

Boomer, Champion

• 2055 Posts
  • 84 Reply Likes
Thanks Em :-)
Photo of John McCarthy

John McCarthy

• 1292 Posts
  • 99 Reply Likes
i agree with you all,its getting a bit annoying!yola are one of the best company ive ever used,and i dont mind there downtime because i know its for the best (boomer:D i agree with your first comment which is now gone i got it via email)
Photo of Alex

Alex

• 3448 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
One of the best companys john...

THE best company...
Photo of Donald

Donald

• 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
I know this is a little late into the thread, but I just had a simple comment. It's not whether or not you "mind" the downtime. If a person is able to run a successful business using yola, downtime could mean the difference between money earned and money lost. Downtime could cost people A LOT of money.

I know this is kind of irrelevant to creating a website, but my father who owns a very large and successful garbage company once told me for every hour of downtime he loses about $12,000 USD.