Please help me

• Question
  • Updated 8 years ago
  • Answered
I have a website with weebly and want to bring the site over to you i own the domain for it but they redirect from subdomain to paid domain wich is uncool as i cannot Seo a site redirected by a subdomain. Is it possible to bring the whole site over or have you host the domain and still use the site?
Photo of Joe Moore

Joe Moore

• 44 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • worried

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of SilverX

SilverX

• 492 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
If you need your weebly site hosted elsewhere, Yola is not for you.
Weebly is a competitor(which already lost) of Yola, and there is no interactions possible between weebly and Yola.

You can blog, create pages, add pics, etc on Yola as you did in Weebly.
Photo of Joe Moore

Joe Moore

• 44 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
well i pay for a silver package here i thought i would be able to bring it over the answer yola isnt for you are you telling me that as a paying customer thats the best answer you can give me all i want is transfer of the site i have there to you guys because i dislike thiier program but i have a template that they have that you dont and over 40 hours put into development i dont want to build another site i pay for your services and have 5 domains through you i wanted to be able to move all of it over here?
Photo of Joe Moore

Joe Moore

• 44 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
the domain is through yahoo domains
Photo of SilverX

SilverX

• 492 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
Hi Joe,
I'm not an official rep at Yola. I'm just another user so I dunno whether you bought a plan or not.
As a habit, I check plans before purchasing a good/plan. One of Yola reps will reply to this thread soon. Please await.

Check if Yola has moneyback guarantee. Yola can't transfer Weebly to here for both free and paid plans.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Joe

I have just responded to the email you have sent through support. I'll repeat my answer here.

You are not able to upload a site made elsewhere into Yola. You do need to use Yola's Sitebuilding tools to create your stie. I know how much work you have put into your Weebly site but unfortunately, we simply don't have a way to accommodate this. You can, however, transfer your domain to Yola if you wish. For more information, please see: Transferring your domain to Yola.

If you need any further assistance, please let me know.
Photo of Joe Moore

Joe Moore

• 44 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
ok well i did the site through you guys and now i have set dns settings topoint to your ip adress but keeps telling me its not pointed to yola? Also do i have to wait 60 days to transfer the registration over because thats why impointing to you is because i though i have to wait to move the domain over?
Photo of Joe Moore

Joe Moore

• 44 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
nevermind i figured it out thanks for all the help :0
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas, Social Media Coordinator

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hey Joe, glad to hear you're sorted, sorry you beat us to it! Let us know if you hit any other bumps along the site building way! :0)