• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 11 years ago

Photo of Peter

Peter

• 2569 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
Hello prithvi,

What style are you using? (Some styles you can change the colour of the link after setting the link.)
Photo of Kumby

Kumby

• 211 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Hello Prothvi,
The reason why the color of the text changes when you linked it, is because it's a way for your visitors to notice that the text is linked. If you keep it the same color as your normal text then obviously your visitors won't know it's linked. But, if you still want to keep the color of the text the same when you link it, just highlight the text and choose the color of your normal text.
Photo of prithvi

prithvi

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
thanks evryone

anyone..anything to say?
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hello prithvi

The link color is inherent in the template you decide to use.

If you do not wish for the links to change color, then you will need to manually over-ride this. You can do this by simply adding a font color tag in front of your text link. For example:

<a style="text-decoration: none" href="your link url"><font color="#5DC4D3>YOUR TEXT LINK</font></a>

You will need to go into your HTML and do this for every link.

Another way you can do this is to use a style tag and it will apply to all your links. You can make the link and the hover color the same. Put this code in an HTML box and place high up on your page. The code for that is:

<style type="text/css"> a {text-decoration: none; font-family:Verdana; font-size: 10pt;} a:link {text-decoration: none; color: rgb(93, 196, 211);} a:visited {text-decoration: none; color: rgb(93, 196, 211);} a:hover {text-decoration: none; color: rgb(234, 99, 116);} </style>

Depending on the template you use though, you may need to do some editing first. You'll need to get rid of any previous color in your HTML so that the above code will work.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.
Photo of Thibault Dambrine

Thibault Dambrine

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello Prithvi,

I am facing the same problem.

The answer provided by Sanja is not 100% correct.

My experience is that you CAN indeed change the font of a link, but the way this works is very (from my own experience) very inconsistent - as in
-> sometimes the font change (in my case, I like a darker shade of blue) works
-> sometimes it does not.

I tried with different browsers, MS Explorer, Google Chrome and FireFox.

Here is what I found (after much trying!) works:

1) Use Firefox
2) Grab the link you are aiming to change from right to left (go figure why, it works)
3) Pick your colour

Sanja, this is a very odd problem. I suggest your QA team take a look at that, it would really make life easier for all of us.

This, by the way, is a very minor glitch in an otherwise very nice product.

Keep up the good work, Team Yola,

T. Dambrine, for www.saintefamille.ca
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Thibault,

This thread is over 3 years old :)

However, we do appreciate your feedback and tips.