please help on my problem

• Question
  • Updated 10 years ago
I CANT GET google webmaster TO VERIFY MY SITE!!!!????? i tried and i get this:
Verification status: NOT VERIFIED
Last attempt Jul 28, 2008: We couldn't find the verification meta tag.
why does it do that? why cant it find it?
Photo of pinkicy15253

pinkicy15253

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • SO MAD AND FRUSTRATED

Posted 11 years ago

Photo of Kershnee

Kershnee

• 2087 Posts
  • 152 Reply Likes
Hi Pinkicy15253,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this problem!

After you sign up for a Google Webmaster account and type in your URL, did you follow these steps:
1) Select the meta tag verification option. Here is an example of what you will see:

2) I have highlighted the portion of the code that you need to copy in red - copy only this portion.
3) In SynthaSite, click on the properties sidebar and paste that code in the specially designated "Google Webmaster" field. Do this for every page of your site that you want Google to track.
4) Republish your site and check back with Google Webmaster to make sure that it has been verified.

Also, please can you send me the URL of your site, for me to have a look at as well.

Regards,
Kershnee
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Official Response
There is a problem with those instructions - it is tricky to paste HTML in Get Satisfaction!

For step one in Kershnee's instructions you need to find the code that looks like this:
<!-- <meta name="verify-v1" content="bHhqyg8xA3R4knMc+W1+W7+U0/Fy2EBT580Jbxdtx8I=" /> -->

You only need to copy the number that looks something like this: bHhqyg8xA3R4knMc+W1+W7+U0/Fy2EBT580Jbxdtx8I=

You should be able to find this if you use the meta tag verification option.
Photo of hysldp

hysldp

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have followed these instructions and it still comes up that Google can't find my meta tag!!! I've been trying this for days now and its very frustrating!
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
I am sorry to hear that. I need a little more information in order to help you.
Could you do the following for me, please?

1. Log into you account and open up your site
2. Click on the "Help" menu
3. Click on "Contact Support"
4. Fill in the form and send it to me.

That will give me more information that will help me solve the problem.
Photo of beanhead44

beanhead44

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
ive been having the same problem ive tried everything thats been suggested on the help pages and i still cant get verified any help would be appreciated
Photo of Boomer

Boomer, Champion

• 2055 Posts
  • 84 Reply Likes
Hi beanhead44,

I think SynthaSite have this one covered now, but you
can go have a look here anyway. http://forsite.synthasite.com/faq.php
Photo of beanhead44

beanhead44

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
ok thanks very much ive finally managed to make it work so i dont no what i was doing wrong thanks for your help
Photo of Boomer

Boomer, Champion

• 2055 Posts
  • 84 Reply Likes
Glad you sorted it out,
You must be the one from Bristol I just saw leaving my
webmaster tutorial. Ha ha.
Jeez this eWebCounter is a great tool.
Photo of beanhead44

beanhead44

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
yeh that is cool and a little freaky aswell lol i might get that myself your tutorial is really helpfull by the way thanks again
Photo of blw

blw

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have a problem, too. I know people who created a website and almost immediately the website could be found just by typing in the address but not with synthasite. Why purchase a domain name if it can't be found? Did I just waste my money? Can't even find my registrar or ip address, nothing. I'm trying to run a business here.
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello,
If you have purchased a domain name through Synthasite and published your site to the Internet you will be able to find it very soon, we say within 48 hours, when you put your url into the address bar.

Have you tried this all ready and you cannot get to your site? Please let me know what is happening and I will help!

Regards,
Emmy
Photo of Aurora C.

Aurora C.

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I feel really stupid. I'm trying to verify with webmaster with the meta tag and have followed the directions in the tutorial (only copy/pasted the bit between the quotation marks) and updated my site and it's not working. Apparently it can't find the verification tag.
Is this because I'm trying to verify my own domain name (www.auroracborealis.com) and not the synthasite free one? It's quite frustrating, to be honest.
Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hi Aurora C,

Can you share the message from Google webmaster with us. If you don't want to post it here, you can email it to support@synthasite.com
Photo of Aurora C.

Aurora C.

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Ruth - thanks for the reply. The message is:

Verification status: NOT VERIFIED
Last attempt Jan 11, 2009: We couldn't find the verification meta tag.

I think I found the problem though - if it's not working again, I'll let you know!!
Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Please do let us know if the problem isn't solved.
Photo of Richard

Richard

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have the same problem. I have read the tutorial, tried it with quotes without quotes. Nothing is working. I got a response from support saying to include the quotes. This is different than the tutorial. The Google example includes the quotes. So I tried it both ways. I replied to the Support email with this information, but have heard nothing. Why is this happening?

Aurora - what was the problem?
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi Richard - can you post your site's URL so that we can take a look?
Photo of Richard

Richard

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Sure not sure which one you want but here is both:

my domain is pointed to the yola site.
www.richardculver.com
rcstudio.synthasite.com

By the way I did look at the HTML code in firefox and it was there. The latest version I uploaded was without quotes.

But if I look at www.richardculver.com it is not there. Thing is I added both sites to my google account and neither work, with or without quotes.
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Thanks Richard - just one more question:-
Which URL are you using to verify with Webmaster? If you are using www.richardculver.com, please could you let us know how your DNS settings are setup to point to Yola? I think the problem could lie there because the source of the page shows your subdomain.
Photo of Richard

Richard

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I tried both. I'll get back to on the settings.
Photo of Richard

Richard

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
OK. What DNS Settings do you want to know about? I don't know too much about this area. I have control panel open for my domain.
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
I see that your domain registrar is GoDaddy and typically the domain is setup to point to Yola by editing the A Record. You can find the steps on this link: http://www.yola.com/customer-support/... (there's also a link to a tutorial with screenshots). I'm not sure what settings you've configured for your domain, so I hope you're able to figure it out :)
Photo of Richard

Richard

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Great. That is all good. But when I publish it does not give me the "I already have a domain name". because I have already published my site.Now because of what I did at Godaddy it points to is a place holder. That is all good but....

So I went to my publishing options and I click on add a domain I already own and nothing happens. When I click on unpublish my site it says I will loose my subdomain....

What do I do now, unpublish and loose the sub domain? Then republish and choose the "already own" option?
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
You definitely don't need to unpublish, here are the steps:
1. Click on the down-arrow next to "Update my Site"
2. Click on "Publishing Settings"
3. Click on "Add a domain you own"
4. Fill in your domain in the box provided and click on "ok"

If you don't see the above screens, please can you logout and login again (we did an update earlier that changed this particular screen).
Photo of Richard

Richard

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
OK, Good, that button works now and all is well. I was able to add the domain so I am now verified!

Thanks for the help!
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Fantastic! Glad to know that it's all solved.