Please I desperately need help!!!

• Question
  • Updated 10 years ago
  • Answered
Help?? Okay I really want to change my URL to laura.yolasite.com so I can get more viewers. The only reason I can't is because of the one girl who has a site that has barely anything on it (no offense) but Is there anything you can do? If u don't believe me here it is www.laura.yolasite.com please anything!!!!
Photo of Laura

Laura

• 148 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of Donald

Donald

• 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
nope... there isn't anything yola can do. That girl owns the website as of now. Maybe you can buy the name from her lol... or just contact her somehow and politely ask if she'd be willing to unpublish it so you can use it.
Photo of Donald

Donald

• 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
laura is a common name, very possible that you may or may not ever get a domain with "laura" only... you might need to change it up. lauras#1 or laurascookbook - examples but change it to whatever the purpose of your website is. If it's a blog, laurasblog :)
Photo of Dré

Dré

• 201 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Laura,

As someone who has purchased a few of his own domains, I definitely feel your frustration when it comes to a domain that is "barely used" yet would be perfect for you.

Unfortunately, there is nothing we could do. How little or how much a user has made use of their Yola website is not grounds for us to take away their chosen Yola sub-domain. Your best bet would be to contact the person and see if they would be understanding and willing enough to give up that Yola sub-domain.

I must stress that if you do make contact with the person and they are unwilling, that is still their right as a Yola customer and they are under no obligation to justify why they won't give up their Yola sub-domain.

Lastly, if you do end up going with another sub-domain name- I would avoid using any characters but alphabetic, and not too long.

Again, sorry we can't help further.
Photo of Donald

Donald

• 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
If you have want to invest in a couple of dollars, you may purchase a domain but the only laura available on the net are:

• laura.ltd.uk
  • laura.plc.uk
  • laura.ac
  • laura.ad
  • laura.mc
  • laura.sh

Not very many options with such a popular name. You might want to suggest adding to it, like a number or adjective such as blog - the blog would be describing the website.
Photo of Laura

Laura

• 148 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Is there possibly a way I can get her email from Yola?
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas, Social Media Coordinator

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Laura, I'm a Laura too, but don't worry I'm not vying for the domain name! I see she did post an email on her site, have you given that a try yet? Unfortunately that is the only means you'd have to contact her, unless as Donald suggested, you can find her around here. So sorry for your frustration.
Photo of Donald

Donald

• 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
unless she broadcasts it (in her website, on her getsatisfaction page, etc.) I believe yola's not at liberty to give that out. However, you may want to ask people in getsatisfaction if they know how to get in contact with her. Maybe someone here will know her and can relay a message for you - that's my best suggestion.