Pointing 208.75.208.172 synhtasite IP to my new Synthasite website, time frames, did I do this right????

• Question
  • Updated 10 years ago
  • Answered
I did what you good folks said to do and it "worked" I went to my Registrar of my domain name (domainpeople.com) and changed from the current website server to You folks with the IP 208.75.208.172 as instructed to do so... then finally the DS name for domainpeople.com was put to the left of your IP (ds1.domainpeople.com) and it all set and "took" to the database at domain peole .com... Question biggie... How long does it take for my domain name to point to my new site on Synthasite 24 hrs, less, or more?
Photo of E

E

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • confused

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
It can take up to 48 hours for your DNS change to propagate across the internet, but is is usually a lot quicker. Post the link so we can check on it for you.
Photo of E

E

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
At domainpeople.com it shows as follows ns1.domainpeople.com (to the left) and 208.75.208.172 in the IP address space (to the right) in the section to update the dns, my former dns is deleated and this dns and IP (synthasiet IP) is all that remains... The website that is supposed to come up is a now Synthasite built website which points from domainpeople as described above now (the site in question is www.ethanhurt.com) but nothing comes up now at all, and www.ethanhurt.com cannot be found. Never had this kind of problem before and basic propligation on other servers of the website usually apeared within an hours time, with completely within 48 hrs. PLEASE ADVISE if i set this up right, and to any insight or opinion that you might have. Thank You!
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello,
Synthasite's ip address shouldn't be in an area labeled dns as this is for domain name management which your domain name registrar needs to provide. Synthasite provides hosting, but not domain name management.

The area that is labeled A Record is what should have Synthasit's ip address as this will point your domain towards us. If the dns area has been changed to Synthasite's ip address, I would say that you should contact your registrar and ask them to put their dns back in.

Please let us know if you have any problems with this and we will try to help.

Emmy
Photo of E

E

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Its in the name servers update section there is no A section whatsoever at domain people .com Its in the IP address there 208.75.208.172 this is to the right and it is the only IP pointing address there now.... the nameserver is ds1.domainpeople.com the pointing address is yours 208.75.208.172 what should i do nect... there is NO other A record other than the IP address update that I did... It has workd for others I did in this way... Please advise, this should be pretty easy, have done similar before...
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello E,
We have received your email to Support and will assist you from there.

Thanks!
Emmy