If you need support from Yola please contact us via email@example.com or make use of our live chat service! We are working on a new approach to community-based support and during this transition period we are not adding any new threads to this forum. Many thanks to everyone who has participated over the years and we look forward to unveiling a new peer-to-peer support system soon!
Can someone please help me. We have 2 registered web addresses. It seems that I can have yola pointing to one or the other (and it works) but not both. Does anyone know a work around for this? Thank you in advance.
It is possible to have multiple domains for the same site and choose one as the primary and have the others redirect to it. If the domains were purchased elsewhere, they will both need to have the A Records configured to point towards Yola's ip address.
You can publish your site to one of your domains, then follow these instructions to add the second domain to the site and make one the primary which will cause the other to redirect to it.
1. Login to your account on Yola.
2. On the My Sites page, scroll to the bottom and check the box next to "Enable Advanced Domain Settings".
3. Scroll back up to the top and click on the link "Advanced Domain Settings".
4. A new page will open, if you would like to publish to a domain bought externally, click on [Add a domain that I already own]. If you bought the domain from Yola, it will already be listed on the page.
5. Select the site you would like your domain to be published to and click on "Click to apply changes".
6.You can assign more than one domain to a site. By assigning a domain as "Primary Domain", this will be the canonical (primary) domain and the one the other domains will redirect to.
I hope this helps, let us know if you have any troubles.