Published sites unavailable from some locations

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Solved
Good day

As many of you have reported, published sites are unavailable from certain locations. This was caused when an upstream provider did some routine maintenance earlier today that went wrong unexpectedly.

It particularly affects visitors from the UK, although other locations may also be impacted. At this time we do not know when it will be fixed. All we know is that every available person is working on it as hard and as fast as they can.

Please refer to this thread for updates. We have very little information at the moment but will post any further information we receive as it comes in. We are aware that this is of the utmost urgency to all affected customers and it is receiving our undivided attention.
Photo of Francois

Francois, Employee

• 282 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of SallyB

SallyB

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
My website suddently won't load. Error message; the server is taking too long to respond.

My website www.creditnsurancenews.co.uk will not load this morning. The problem was reported by an advertiser and customer which is very embarrasing! I need to get this sorted v quickly.
Photo of Dean Faulkner

Dean Faulkner

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Is there an issue with the Yola web servers today?.

I have 2 sites, neither is accessible at present. vwww.imlsportsconsultancy and www.isogonmarketing.co.uk
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello Dean

Your site http://www.creditnsurancenews.co.uk/ is up for me again. Can you please clear your cache and cookies, and retry?

I wasn't able to access your first URL. Can you try that one as well, please?
Photo of Dean Faulkner

Dean Faulkner

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Is there an issue with the Yola web servers today?.

I have 2 sites, neither is accessible at present. vwww.imlsportsconsultancy and www.isogonmarketing.co.uk
Photo of ThemeParkPost

ThemeParkPost

• 38 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Sites not accessible!.

Hello,

My site - Themeparkpost.com is not loading. I can access it through the yola sitebuilder but it is not loading (timing out) if I go to it via the URL. Same issue on some of my friend's sites - eg amazingrecipies.com.
Photo of Rebecca Williams

Rebecca Williams

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
My website is down. Can anyone help?.

Hello, my website has been up and running fine for a few years now. However I found out this morning from a parent (I am a tutor) that it isn't online any more. When I type in my website address on Explorer or Chrome I get an error message saying 'This page can't be displayed'.
I must admit I'm very worried as I rely completely on my website and there were dates and links on there for my parents that they now cannot access. I have worked very hard on the website. New parents cannot contact me either.
I'd had some worrying messages recently from another local tutor and I tried to ignore this. A parent also says she was offered payment for sharing my material. Now I am paranoid that he could have complained/ done something against me?
My payments are up to date - a payment was recently taken - and
I have sent a support message to Yola but I'm worried about the wait as it says they have large numbers of support requests at present.
I would really appreciate some guidance to get my website back online.
I can access it in yola and press 'publish' but it still isn't online.
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
I am so sorry Rebecca! Please follow this thread for the latest information. All I can say is that it is not you - it's on our end and being caused by a known issue with one of our service providers. Your site will be back online with everyone eles's - I just can't say when that will be.
Photo of Kunal

Kunal

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
All my websites are down.

Hey,

None of my websites are loading, this is causing me a big issue. Not even my .yolasite pages. Is this a problem with Yola or is this something else?

www.partikle.co.uk
Photo of Renate Zuber Morgenthaler

Renate Zuber Morgenthaler

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
What is the problem with Yola?.

I can't open www.yola.com and not my website. What is the problem?
Photo of openformula

openformula

• 32 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Unable to access existing Yola sites - been up for years!.

URGENT URGENT
I am unable to access my webistes in the UK or my customers
i.e. openformula.co.uk
gairtransportservices.com

urgent help required!
Photo of Victoria Taylor

Victoria Taylor

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
How long has yola been down ? I am losing money !.

Help Yola
Photo of Lei Ling

Lei Ling

• 174 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Account renewed. Website not up..

Hi, my account is expiring on the 12th of October and it was taken down before that date which I'm extremely unhappy about! I've just paid and it has been renewed. Can my site please be put up now.

Thanks,
Photo of mark dalton

mark dalton

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
i'm now happier that i know its not just me, but some comfort?
I wish yola had at least sent a direct mail to all uk customers this morning, as i have been pannicking.
A day in the office with stock ready to list, day wasted.
I'm sure yola will sort it, ask the engineer if he knows what system restore means lol
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
I am so sorry this caused you to panic! I wish we could have emailed everyone, but unfortunately we have no way to mass email a subset of users on short notice, especially when we are not sure exactly who is impacted. However, we will use this channel to keep everyone up to speed.
Photo of Will

Will

• 252 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Website not loading.

Dear Yola Team

This morning I've tried to have a look at my site and none of my browsers are able to load it. I can access other websites, but not my own. Any ideas?
Photo of Big G

Big G

• 65 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi everybody.

What's the worst case scenario time frame for our sites being down so we have some idea of what to do our end instead of waiting around for an update.

I know Yola will be working with their server providers right now to do their best to resolve this situation quickly, but we could do with some cold comfort our end.
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Big G - I wish I could give you one, really I do. All I can say is I would not advise you to sit around and wait for an update. Check this thread periodically as it will be the first place we update when information comes in, but other than that try to get on with whatever else you need to do today. Our service provider is not offering us any comfort, cold or otherwise, so if we were to try to offer you any we would only be guessing.
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
And just as I posted that we got a phone call. Sites may be coming back online. We are not declaring victory yet but please check your sites and let us know what you find.
Photo of Big G

Big G

• 65 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Maybe it was my comment Monique.lol

I have over 100 sites on Yola, so just checking now and all seem to be up.
Please pass on my thanks to all involved to resolve this and please can we have a picture of the decapitated head of the person responsible?

Have a nice day everyone.
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Murphie's Law, I tell you! If it was your comment that did the trick I thank you from the bottom of my anxiously beating heart! Thanks for taking this with a sense of humor and letting us know that things look good on your end. I will have a nice day once we can confirm that this is all good for all concerned!
Photo of Big G

Big G

• 65 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
What can I say. Great support for your customers as always.
Photo of Dean Faulkner

Dean Faulkner

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Monique,

All good now thank you. Back up and running.
Thank you everyone for your efforts.
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hello everyone

I have checked every URL which was provided on your posts, and all these websites work on my end again.

Can you please all clear your cache and cookies, and retry accessing your published websites? Yola.com should also be available again.

Please let us know if things are back working or not on your end as well.
Photo of Boomer

Boomer, Champion

• 2055 Posts
  • 84 Reply Likes
Mine are up too, thanks guys :)
Photo of Renate Zuber Morgenthaler

Renate Zuber Morgenthaler

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Mine is working!! Thank you!!
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hello all again

Thank you for posting your feedback! Good news: The problem seems to be solved.

We would like to deeply aopolgize for this outage. We know how this can impact on small businesses and frustrate our users. At the same time we are more than happy that your Yola websites all seem to be up and running again.

Thank you so much for bearing with us on one of those luckily very rare incidents. Please let us know should you encounter any more issues with your Yola websites.