Publisher 2007 downloading problems

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Answered
Hi ( Can someone please help?)
I am using publisher 2007 for some graphics and saving them as jpegs for my website. www.canungranews.com however once it is downloaded to yola the graphics look great however any text writing is very unclear. Could someone please help?
Photo of Lily

Lily

• 84 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • thankful

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Lily

Can you please share with us the particular page and the image that you're using? I'll take a look and see if I am able to suggest anything for you.
Photo of Lily

Lily

• 84 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Sanja
the site is www.canungranews.com, the page is about-us and its a Rae Hope business card. Also if you see anything else on the site that could be changed to impove this please let me know, Thank you so much for your assistance
Rae
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Lily

Thanks so much for sharing! I believe I know why this is happening. You see, your original size is 525px × 300px. However, you have scaled it down to 392px × 224px. As a result, the image and text will be distorted slightly - this affects your text much more than your image. I suggest recreating your image and saving it at the desired size. This should resolve the issue. Alternatively, you can upload the image without the text and with a bit of coding, add text t your image. If you wish to go that route, please let me know!
Photo of Lily

Lily

• 84 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Sanja
Thank you so much for responding, I went back to the 1st original photo I had thinking this would make it better. The original size was 629 x 560 and have tried it again, www.canungranews.com about-us and it has not helped. should i try with the size you suggested 525 x 300 and in publisher i save this as a jpeg file, could that be creating problems?
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Lily

It still appears that you are resizing your image unless you have not yet updated your site?

I suggest creating a business card using approximately 392px × 224px (no bigger than this) as your size. Or you can upload a "blank" business card and i can help you add text to it.
Photo of Lily

Lily

• 84 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Sanja
Thank you soooo much. That size worked beautifully, now I will decide on designs. If I wanted to a smaller business card ie half the size of that one what size would you recommend.
Sanja Thank you so much
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Lily

I'm so glad to hear that it worked out! You can use any size you wish but the only thing you need to keep in mind is when creating your business cards for your website, is to use exact dimensions desired.

If you're planning to print off your business cards, then a standard business card size is: 3.5 x 2 inches.

I hope that helps!