Question

• Question
  • Updated 10 years ago
  • Answered
I have been looking at Synthasite/Yola for awhile now. I run a website called Political Revolution off Wordpress MU but am searching for other options as Wordpress is extremely limited in what I am able to do.

Synthasite/Yola seems to be the perfect place to move my site to...but I have one problem. The templates are too...simple.

Would it be possible to have a magazine/web 2.0 style template?

If it is possible, I'll join Synthasite/Yola.

:)

Currently, my site looks like this:
www.politicalrevolution.putblog.com

That is the kind of style I would like, if possible but more web 2.0ish.

Thanks.
Photo of chris

chris

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • happy

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of Alex

Alex

• 3448 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
well somthing like this is postibill with Yola!
(im now going to call SynthaSit Yola!)

i would highly recoment joining!
Photo of ken

ken

• 178 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
chris.....

i have noticed with synthasite you can pretty much edit anything, and if you cant , just ask here and the employees are pro.......

i have had sites with lots of companies and synthasite is by far the best.

we welcome you with open arms and endless possibilities
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello Chris,

We're glad you found us and you have a very nice looking site!

It's possible to do so many things using our templates. Currently you can change the banner image, colour palette and background image on some of our styles and one of our future plans is to allow you to develop your own CSS style if this is something that interests you. In the meantime I hope you can find a style to suit your needs. I could see you being able to create a look somewhat like your current site using our various widgets, but of course.

You may be interested in this link: SynthaSite Style Guide. It has a handy filter function for you to see which style you might like. You can also check out this site forsite.synthasite.com, where one of our SynthaSiters has added a page to his site comparing styles.

I hope you will be able to find something you like and if you have further questions please let us know, we are here 24/7 to provide help!

Kind Regards,
Emmy
Photo of chris

chris

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you Emmy. :)

I am torn apart. I can't decide between Synthasite or Weebly.

Weebly has excellent templates...but a very poorly built system...
Synthasite has an excellent built system...but the style of templates are just too plain.

Blah, lol.

I think I can work with one template tho...I'll try it out. But in the meantime, please pass my request that whatever new styles you guys roll out are a little more...stylish. :)
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hi Chris,
What you should do is sign up for an account with us (it is FREE) and play around with the site builder. Make some pages, try out the widgets and the various styles. I think you will find that Synthasite is amazingly easy to use and that with a little innovation you can do a ton with the templates available. And I have to say that the users here on Get Satisfaction are heaps of help as well and are excited to give ideas and workarounds they have discovered!

Emmy
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 2569 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
Hello Chris,

I hope we can welcome you as a user to yola. Your experience would add a heap to what we have all learned in relatively short periods.

I'm not familiar with the layouts that you have mentioned but always interested. I enjoyed your site very much and took notice of the layout style and presumably the template cementing it underneath.

The style you have would be easily replicated with available templates offered by Yola. I'll guarantee that. I think we will see more of the styles that you have mentioned as there is pretty well an ongoing wish list of new template requests and some have been introduced fairly rapidly in the last few months. The last batch were a real breakthrough as they moved from fairly similar layouts into all kinds of multi columnar with overs etc. This really reflects the demand.