Problem with images displaying in Picture Gallery Widget

• Problem
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
ref:00DAJYna.500F7e2u2:ref

I first notified you of this problem on July 20 and have yet received an appropriate response. I have emailed 4 times and called once and did not receive a call back. Your customer service line is now a fax machine?

I build a lot of websites on Yola for clients, I am about ready to look for another platform if this issue is not resolved today. The URL is http://leesqualitycountertops.com

The picture gallery widget is not working on the Countertop Showroom page. DON'T tell me to try the widget again, I tried that several times. IT'S NOT WORKING. I even deleted the entire page and rebuilt it and it is still not working. The picture gallery widget worked fine for the Countertop Factory page.

It is not generating thumbnails on the Countertop Showroom page!

PLEASE help. Your poor service is making me look bad.

Pat
www.SmartDollarMedia.com
SmartDollarMedia@gmail.com
Photo of Pat

Pat

• 15 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • frustrated

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of diane

diane

• 1238 Posts
  • 121 Reply Likes
Hi, Pat,

Poor service from Yola is HIGHLY UNUSUAL! Perhaps check your spam folder and you may have misdialed. I'm sure you will hear from them shortly. In the meantime, it looks like you have an apostrophe in the names of all your file images. Try renaming them without an apostrophe or any other special characters and that should clear the problem. I hope this helps!
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas, Social Media Coordinator

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Thanks so much for helping Pat out Diane, you're the best!
Photo of Pat

Pat

• 15 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks Diane you were correct, I did have an apostrophe in the names of my files. I appreciate your reply, you are a big help. I agree with you that it's HIGHLY UNUSUAL for Yola not to reply, however they did not reply by email or by phone that's why I posted here.

Thanks again Diane.

Pat
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas, Social Media Coordinator

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Pat,

Our call center was troubleshooting some problems with bad lines earlier and we're concerned you were affected by that. They report it's all clear now so if you need anything further, you should be able to reach them.

We were able to locate one support inquiry from you that Emmy replied to on 7/21/2011 at 11:07 AM. We're sorry if it did not reach you for some reason.

If you need any further assistance, please do let us know!
Photo of mml177

mml177

• 25 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi
Having problems editing photo gallery widget.
When I try and edit the layout style from polaroid to tight tiles, my site goes into 'working' mode and never comes out of working mode... it just gets stuck and I have to close my browser and re-open browser to get back into my account. My request to edit layout style never gets completed.

thanks for any help....
m
Photo of Brianna

Brianna

• 2045 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Hello,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this - it certainly sounds inconvenient. Please check that you are using an upgraded version of Flash and Java on your computer.

If this doesn't help, please share the browser version and type you are using. Using this, we will be able to test changing the picture gallery widget on our end. Thanks!
Photo of mml177

mml177

• 25 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi, downloaded latest version of Flash and Java, still not working... I'm using IE but can't figure out which version.
Photo of debbym

debbym

• 125 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Am also having problems with Picture Widget whch is inside a text box to allow for text wrapping. When I edit it using the edit points to make it smaller, it actually grows bigger and bigger every time.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hi mml177,

It seems that there is a glitch with editing the Picture Gallery Widget with IE. Please can you try using a different browser to see if that helps?
Photo of mml177

mml177

• 25 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
this worked, thanks!
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hi debbym,

I'm sorry to hear that you're also having problems. It seems that your issue is a bit different than mml77 as he is using the Picture Gallery Widget, and you're using the Picture Widget. You cannot use the Picture Widget inside a Text Widget. If you wish to enable Text Wrapping, please follow the instructions for this here: Wrapping Text with Pictures.
Photo of debbym

debbym

• 125 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
What an idiot I am, Sanja - firstly I didn't notice that it said "picture gallery" at the top.

Secondly, I referred to picture widget, when I meant of course the picture icon on the toolbar.

Sorry about that.

However, I actually did create the picture with wrapped text round it exactly as per the instructions - and when I try to edit it, it get's bigger when I am trying to make it smaller.
Photo of debbym

debbym

• 125 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
As this is showing solved - I will start a new topic as I am still experiencing problems with this.