remove footer advertisement

• Question
  • Updated 10 years ago
how can i remove the footer notes in my website after i buy my dfomain?
Photo of dean john mendez

dean john mendez

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • fristated

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of nusushika

nusushika

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
According to my memory, you can't remove the link to the template author site.
Photo of Kershnee

Kershnee

• 2087 Posts
  • 152 Reply Likes
Hi Dean,

The inclusion of the link to SynthaSite in the footer is part of the terms of service - http://www.synthasite.com/terms you agree when you sign up.

We do not place banner ads on your site, or charge you for our service. However, we do want people to know about our service and this discreet link in the footer is all we ask of you in return for the opportunity to build and publish a site for free.

We hope you can understand our position on this.
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Official Response
We are thinking of ways to make this option available in future, but right now the fee is for the domain name only, not an option to remove the footer.

Thank you for letting us know that this is important to you. We do pay attention to these requests and we are trying to find the right solution.
Photo of getbent

getbent

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I understand the agreement and everything that I have read from the answers of the footer advertisement. But is there a way to at least modify it? Font, color, etc...? I love the site, love the service and I to would be willing to pay a nominal fee to remove. Could you also explain to me why http://www.wordnoise.com/ a featured site on the front page of synthasite doesn't have the footer advertisement on their homepage? Am I missing something? Please help...
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Hi getbent

Right now we are working on the technical requirements of making this option available for a fee. We understand the need for this and we would like to offer it, but there is a bit of engineering work involved. Please be patient with us a while longer.

The featured site does have the footer as far as I can see. I have highlighted it in red in the secreenshot below.

Photo of Peter

Peter

• 2569 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
Hi Monique,
I think it's a browser thing. The footer isn't apparent in chrome and the background colour is the teal hue not white. I think it's just one of those sad and mysterious anomalies :)
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Could be a bug. Thanks for the heads up.
Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi,

I'm excited to be able to tell you that now have the option to remove the Yola Link for a fee of 9.95 USD per year. This is an account level feature, so you can remove the Yola Link for all sites in your account!
For more information, please visit this thread:http://forum.yola.com/yola/topics/per...