Removing images

• Question
  • Updated 11 years ago
  • Answered
Archived

This conversation was archived and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: out of date

How do I remove an image? Before I learned how to link text and photos to files, I dragged an avi file onto my site. Now I have linked the text and photo, and I would like to remove the avi file icon. How can I do this?
Photo of KKC

KKC

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 12 years ago

Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Hi KKC

If you want to get rid of the image altogether you can delete it from your file manager. Right click on the image and then click "delete."

You can also delete the widget where you added the image by clicking on the little cross in the right hand corner of the widget toolbar.

Please get back to me if you have any difficulty with this.
Photo of NoNaMe

NoNaMe

• 23 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
What about the little image that is included in your name when you post something? I don't remember what it is called, but how do you get rid of it?
Photo of Guido Graphics

Guido Graphics

• 558 Posts
  • 41 Reply Likes
look in the top right corner where it says "Hi (your name)". click it and change the icon in your account info
Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Just to be clear NoNaMe, are you talking about the image next to your name here in Get Satisfaction?
Photo of NoNaMe

NoNaMe

• 23 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
No. I'm talking about my SynthaSite forum. Sorry about this: I get GS and Synthsite mixed up constantly. (BTW, I think the little picture that is included in your name when you post something is called an Avatar.......)
Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Yes, it is an avatar. Did Guido's response answer your question?
Photo of NoNaMe

NoNaMe

• 23 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
No - there was/is nothing in my top right corner of my forum but there is on THIS page. I'll keep looking for where it says "Hi" (with my name) on other pages and go from there. He was talking about the "Get Satisfaction" page and I was referring to my Synthasite forum.
Photo of Kershnee

Kershnee

• 2087 Posts
  • 152 Reply Likes
Hi NoNaMe,

By Synthasite forum do you refer to the sitebuilder? If you are, are you talking about changing the favicon (the little image that appears next to your URL in the browser window) ?

To add or change the favicon to your site:
1) Click on the properties sidebar
2) You will see a "Favourites Icon" field (the second last box from the top). Click on the browse button to the right of the box to browse your desktop for an image to upload.

To see what your favicon will look like, save and preview your page.

Please note that Internet Explorer doesn't allow favicons to be displayed next to your URL or on the tab of the window. The favicon will be displayed if the site is bookmarked and in your Favourites folder. The best option would be to change to FireFox who do show the favicons in all three areas!

I hope this answers your question.

Kershnee
Photo of NoNaMe

NoNaMe

• 23 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes, I am referring to the sitebuilder, and the Avatar that appears beside my name when I type a message in my forum. The avatar is a small (thumbnail size) picture of myself. Just for clarification, it is not in/on the browser.