Renaming pages on site

• Question
  • Updated 10 years ago
How do I rename pages on my site? This is what I did: Named the page and then realized that I should have shortened the description. This what I would like to do: Shorten the page name so it looks more polished and finished.
Photo of clouda9

clouda9

• 323 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
  • waiting

Posted 12 years ago

Photo of lisaretief

lisaretief

• 114 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
Hi coulda9,

Follow this link to find your answer: http://getsatisfaction.com/SynthaSite...

Hope that helps.
Photo of clouda9

clouda9

• 323 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Oops! Guess I did not 'splain' myself. Totally getting the basics...I think, hee hee. What I need to do is change the actual names of my pages, not the site. Across the top of my site there are tabs with my page names, I need to shorten those entries. Is that enough information, not good at all the techy terms for stuff :)
Photo of clouda9

clouda9

• 323 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Like butta! Thanks for the info. I just needed to change a few things that landed in the wrong spot, otherwise published and showing up just as I wanted!
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Official Response
Well I just learnt something about SynthaSite myself today! When you go to "Edit Menu" and click on "expand all" you will be able to change the menu text! Can't believe I never saw that before!
Photo of clouda9

clouda9

• 323 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Good to learn at least one new thing a day is my motto anyway :) When I try your tip within the site all it does is flash and disappears, does not give me the opportunity to click on anything. Hmm.
Photo of Timothy

Timothy

• 31 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
That changes the name that appears in the tab, yes. But there does NOT seem to be a way to change the *internal* name you gave the page originally.

Please advise.

Thanks!
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hi Timothy,
You can change the name of any of your pages like this:

1. Click on the "Site Manager" tab
2. Each page will have the option to "Rename"

Please let us know if you have any trouble with this.

Emmy
Photo of Timothy

Timothy

• 31 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
AHA! Thanks!