Kent Bookal

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of JuliaArts

JuliaArts

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I seem to be having the same problem with hyper links...I can get one or two onto a page but from then on they just wont work...hi-light text, click HL button, box appears to make and seems to accept choices, okay it and no link formed...
causing lots of stress today!
Least it's not just me mucking something up!
Photo of JuliaArts

JuliaArts

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
And just to add that I have tried in both explorer and firefox :)
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Kent and JuliaArts,

We are aware that the Link Editor is not working properly. We have alerted the engineers to this issue and they are working on resolving this problem.

In the meantime, you can manually add links using a bit of coding. Here's how:

In the Text Widget where you want to create the link, click in the Text Widget to activate the Text Editing Toolbar.
Click on the HTML button on the toolbar.
Locate the position where you want to insert the link and copy one of the following codes:

Linking to a page in your site:
<a href="yourpage.php">your text goes here</a>

Replace "yourpage.php" with the name of your page but leave the php part intact

Linking to an external page:

<a href="http://yoursite.com">your text goes here</a>
Replace "http://yoursite.com" with the URL of the external page

Linking to an email address: <a href="mailto:youremailaddress.com">your text goes here</a>

Replace "youremailaddress.com" with your email address

Linking to a file in your File Manager: <a href="resources/yourfilename.jpg">your text goes here</a>
Replace "yourfilename.jpg" with the name of your file

To make the link open in a new window, you need to add target="_blank" to the link, like this: <a href="resources/yourfilename.jpg" target="_blank">your text goes here</a>

We apologize for the inconvenience caused and please let us know if you have any trouble doing these links manually. We will let you know when the fix has been released.
Photo of Jace Barraclough

Jace Barraclough

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I can't do a link to one of my internal pages. I highlight the word, click link, choose internal page, choose the page, then click OK and nothing happens. I've been wrestling with it all day thinking maybe it was just being slow or something, but I need to get it done for a couple of my finals for school. Help!!!

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Link isn't working! Help!.
Photo of Robert Stuart Turner

Robert Stuart Turner

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have a free website with Yola, and was considering an upgrade, but today I encountered two disturbing problems: (1) the links button to convert text into a hyperlink no longer works, and (2) unsolicited advertising links are popping up on the page as highlighted text phrases. when I delete them in edit mode they disappear, but then they start reappearing again. Is this happening with the consent of Yola.com? This was never mentioned in anything I remember reading. And why can't I make any more links? Is anyone else having these problems?

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Hyperlink create feature broken and what's with those unsolicited ads?.
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Robert,

The link problem you are experiencing is a bug we are working on. You can work around it by adding HTML code as described above.

Regarding the advertising links you are seeing, this is not provided by Yola. You likely have an add-on or toolbar installed in your browser that's causing this. You can try disabling your browser add ons one by one until you find the culprit and disable it.
Photo of Stefan

Stefan

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi all

Good news: The problem has been fixed! You should now be able again to use the Link button in your Yola Sitebuilder. Please clear your cache and cookies, and retry. Let me know if you still can't add links.
Photo of Kent Bookal

Kent Bookal

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
WORKS GREAT. Thanks
Photo of JuliaArts

JuliaArts

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
All good Thank yooou:D