Sitemap Errors

• Question
  • Updated 9 years ago
  • Answered
What is going on with sitemaps? I now have a list of faults with my sitemap on google and this is after internet explorer has changed the way my website shows up on ie 8 for some reason within the space of 1 week my website is going haywire!! My sitemap shows this: -

Errors 6
URL not allowed
This url is not allowed for a Sitemap at this location.
URL: Go to URLhttp://animegirlmikiyuki1.yolasite.com/
Problem detected on: Mar 4, 2010

and before I resubmitted my sitemap it has another website address but with about 13 of these error codes??
Photo of Craig

Craig

• 449 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes

Posted 9 years ago

Photo of jeremy

jeremy, Employee

• 1349 Posts
  • 90 Reply Likes
Hi there Craig.

That does sound odd - I take it you do not own animegirlmikiyuki1.yolasite.com?

Would you be able to tell us what your domain is?

You have tried resubmitting your sitemap correct?

It is important to note that Google Webmaster can be a bit of a finicky tool and often errors with sitemaps will resolve themselves within a couple of days on their own. If you see an error, confirm that you haven't changed your verification code, and that you have entered the correct url... and keep in mind that Google Webmaster errors do not mean that your site will not be indexed.

Thanks for working with us on this.
Photo of Glynis

Glynis

• 28 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Yes, same problem at my site: glynissherwood.com. Yola staff please help us sort this out, my livelihood depends on my site. Thank you.
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello all,

We have released a fix for this and you should not be seeing those other URLs in your Google Webmaster account. If you are seeing anything that doesn't look right, please re-submit your sitemap. I have just tested this in my account and did not need to re-submit, but just in case, give that a try.

Please let us know if you continue to have any troubles.

Emmy