Sites not loading intermittently (503/504 error)

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Here's a few of my heavier image reliant sites, but usually they load like a dream, just tested a few and had a couple of 503 Timeouts.

http://www.elitewheelrepair.co.uk/

http://www.leedsbathroomfitters.co.uk/

http://www.tonysbikeswakefield.co.uk/

http://www.adsleeds.co.uk/

Like I said, intermittent so hard to replicate Laura, but there's something afoot.

Note: This topic was created from a reply on the How can I speed up my site? (Image optimization) topic.
Photo of Big G

Big G

• 65 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas, Social Media Coordinator

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Big G,

Yes, you're right on, we were finally able to replicate as well and a few other reports came in so our engineers are all over it. This is a separate issue to this thread so I'm going to fork your last message into your own thread and keep you updated there.
Photo of Big G

Big G

• 65 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I never doubted for a moment you wouldn't be Laura.

Yola Staff Rock.
Photo of Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
You are too kind.
Photo of Big G

Big G

• 65 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
It's credit where credit's due Laura. Whenever I've had a problem or an issue I couldn't resolve myself Yola Staff have been more than helpful and the same can be said about the Yola Community. I make a decent little living because of Yola, i've learned quite a lot about design, SEO and keeping my customers happy because of Yola. I've helped over 150 small businesses make money through their websites and in some cases keep their heads above water. I've helped small businesses grow from being "in the red" to being able to earn a living ...... just because they took a chance on me and i've been able to rank their sites to the top of the pages for their search terms locally.

These small businesses can't afford a £3000 website, they can't afford to be ripped off by Yell/Hibu for a one trick pony website that's costing them nearly £700 a year and a £1000 for initial design and set up.

I've set myself high goals with my business model, but i've been at it nearly two years now, in total having over 500 websites nearly a 3rd of those within Yola.

I help small businesses that don't have the technical knowledge to design/SEO their own site, I get one site build recommendation a week ......I also go out to small businesses and offer my services cheaply and garner more work. Once I show how well my sites rank, especially the Yola sites, my site's sell themselves.

All of this is possible because of Yola and their great support network.

Yola offers so much for so little ...... just a little assembly required.
Photo of Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Wow, you just made our day Big G! Your story is exactly why we do what we do. Helping small businesses to get online easily and affordably and empowering them to keep their doors open when they might not be able to otherwise is what motivates us to get out of bed and come to work every day. You have no idea how happy our team is to hear that is why you're using our Sitebuilder.
Photo of Big G

Big G

• 65 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I think sometimes, some of your customers fail to realise Yola is a business Laura. But in comparison I think Yola is as ethical as it gets.

I have a Masters Degree in Business and Marketing, put that into play for a small business with a website and it's a powerful tool. A few of my sites regularly get over 1000 visits a month and up to 3000 page views, for a small business this is vital.

Keep up the good work guys, loving the "Style Designer" now i've embraced it, still not sure about the new text widget .... but given time i'll get to embrace that too.
Photo of Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Great news, our engineers have found the problem and fixed it! No more long walks on the beach for awhile! ;)

Thanks for your thorough report and patience while we looked into it!