Slide show on Yola - Possible?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Is it possible to have the main photo on the homepage rotate or fade into other photos automatically? In other words, is it possible to create an automatic slide-show?
Photo of irvinefamily

irvinefamily

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of julie.bluejay

julie.bluejay

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello irvinefamily,
It certainly is possible and it's fun, too. I recommend you use the "Slide" widget. Drag the widget over and then click on "slide.com" to actually go to the Slide website. In the top left corner, there is a "create" button. There are so many cool ways to showcase your pictures! Play with them all! Regards, Julie
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello irvinefamily,

I have actually just sent you an email suggesting the same as Julie did! :)

Please let us know if you have any trouble with getting the slideshow to work.
Photo of Kristi Ambrose

Kristi Ambrose

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hm, where is the slide widget at?

Also, is there a way to get rid of the banner image entirely and JUST use the slideshow? Kind of would look odd having a slideshow plus a banner image at the top
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hello Kristi,

It's quite difficult getting into the banner area and manipulating the content there. One way around this is to eliminate the banner contents completely. This will then extend your working canvas into the area that was the banner.

From there you can place the slide-show at the original position in absolute terms. It depends on the original style as to whether or not the background will appear exactly as it did before or not.

I am happy to have a look for you and let you know the likely outcome. If you can tell me your site or the Style you are using or intend to use, that will allow me to have a good look at what can happen.
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hello Kristie

We do not offer a Slideshow Widget at the moment. You can use these options in the meantime:

For more information on Yola planning a slide show widget in future, please see this thread: Yola Slideshows.
Photo of Donna Abram

Donna Abram

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I want to put a slide show on my yola website, I have made one in power point but it just loads the file and not the show, I want it on the first page, any one tell me how to do it, very simple programmes please and i do not have photoshop to do it in. Thank you. Simple explainations too please :D

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Slide Show.
Photo of Donna Abram

Donna Abram

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thank you done it with slideful.com and its easy even for me :D
Photo of Willy G.

Willy G.

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi, I have made an awesome slider with comSlider: