Slow Loading Times

• Problem
  • Updated 8 years ago
  • In Progress
Yola itself and our Yola-hosted sites are loading very slowly. Pages are taking much longer to load up than normal. Please advise. (The problem is not at our end.)
Photo of Paul Caspall

Paul Caspall

• 174 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
  • concerned

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Great to hear! I'm glad that things are now running smoothly again!
Photo of David

David

• 465 Posts
  • 94 Reply Likes
I still have some slow page loads and the occasional blank page so not ideal yet, just what was the problem that only took 11 minutes to fix?
A comment on KanThaiDecor's post would also be appreciated as I to have had pages not found when Google has crawled my site, I now know why
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
I am trying to get in touch with an engineer who can probably explain this better than I can about what happened. I hope to get back to you by tomorrow. My apologies for the delay and thank you for your patience.
Photo of Mark N

Mark N

• 466 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
My site was uploading very fast yesterday, but I am now having problems with viewing my site again today. Many images are simply not loading at all. I am viewing using Google Chrome and my site is http://www.simplyeighties.com
Photo of Nazlie

Nazlie

• 1721 Posts
  • 51 Reply Likes
Hi Mark

Thanks for letting us know. Our engineers looked into the problem and were able to resolve the problem. Please clear the cache and check your site again. Let us know if there is an issue.

Nazlie
Photo of Mark N

Mark N

• 466 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Hi Nazlie,

Everything is fine again now. Thank you for your help!
Photo of Brianna

Brianna

• 2045 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
So glad to hear it, Mark. Thanks for the update!
Photo of farragio

farragio

• 90 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Not sure if the issue I'm having right now falls under this topic but for the last hour I've been having problems with my site not publishing properly.

Sometimes when I open my site the updates are there and other times when I open it they're not. Other pages on the site are having the same problems.

I added an image to the home page (www.farragio.com) at least half an hour ago and sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not, even though I've published the site multiple times now. Conversely I'm having the same problem with this page, http://www.farragio.com/go-shopping.php; I deleted a picture but it's still showing up the majority of the time.

ETA: I'm noticing that the problems are more prevalent if I get to my site from someone else's website.
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hi farragio,

This is a familiar scene and happens intermittently. The reason being....Heaven only knows! Thanks for reporting it and I'm sure Yola will follow up with you but probably it will disappear as mysteriously as it began; I hope so.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello farragio,

I'm sorry to hear this. We are in the process of migrating all of our database to a new hosting server. As a consequence, there is a slight side effect of additions to pages not being show in a timely fashion. We apologize for this. It will also help to clear the cache in your browser to ensure that you have the most up-to-date version in your browser.
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Why aren't these kinds of things announced prior ? It may mitigate some query and reduce the question of it being due to the site content or design aspects.
Photo of sacredjourney1111

sacredjourney1111

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi,
my online site i loading well, but for the last 4 hours or so I have not been able to load my worksite. I get to the yola dashboard and then click on edit website and nothing happens. I noticed the pic that showed the website style I use (near the edit website button) is blank.

Please help
c
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hi sacredjourney,

Please can you try these troubleshooting tips on this tutorial: http://www.yola.com/tutorials/article...

If you still have trouble, please share your URL so that we can investigate this further.
Photo of rjk1@live.ca

rjk1@live.ca

• 156 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
I am finding that once again, the site is slow loading.
Anybody else having this problem again?
Photo of Brianna

Brianna

• 2045 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Hi Ron,

Thanks for bringing this up. We experienced 10X our usual traffic load. This, as you can imagine, was not expected and we dealt with it as soon as possible.

You should now have no troubles opening up your site. Please let us know if you do.