So easy!

• Praise
  • Updated 8 years ago
I cannot believe how easy it was for me (of all people) to build a website using Yola. Before I knew it my site was actually a proper website.
Photo of Joe

Joe

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • happy

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
I know! Yola is awesome! They also have the best support team also! Go Yola!

Nathan
Photo of Joe

Joe

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hey Nathan :)

Thanks for replying. I too have heard/read really great things about their support team. I am very close to upgrading to a Silver account. Tell me... do you have one and if you do, would you say it's worth me upgrading as well?

Joe
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Hi, I don't have Yola Silver (yet) but it is great. It has a 25 maximum sites instead of 5 sites. Also, it allows you to upload HTML and JavaScript files. Also, it gives you a credit for a premium style and a domain credit so you can get a domain. It also removes the "Create a free website with Yola" at the bottom. And much, much more features! I don't have it, but I know it is worth upgrading too! :) If you have any other questions, the support team at Yola is here to help and I am too.

Sincerely,
Nathan
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas, Social Media Coordinator

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Thanks Joe, we're so glad to hear that you're finding Yola so easy to use! If you have any questions about Yola Silver don't hesitate to ask us!
Photo of Joe

Joe

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Laura,

I would like to know one thing. I have uploaded an MP3 file to my home page to auto-play when the site is opened. But ( as I am sure you know) the player-status bar is displayed. With a silver account, is there a way to have audio playing on said website without having to "have it displayed" as it were?

Joe
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi Joe - the MP3 player is the same whether you use a free Yola account or upgrade to Silver. It's not possible for that player to not display on the page at all.

If you want to use a different music player that allows you to specify the dimensions, you could try changing the dimensions to "0". We have a few options on this link: http://www.yola.com/customer-support/....
Photo of Joe

Joe

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Marjie,

Thanks for the advice. I will take a look at it. :)

Joe
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Hi Joe. I actually figured out a way to hide it but keep the music playing! Ok, first, make an MP3 widget and add your song in. Now, go to your site preview and copy the widget. (Highlight it, and then copy it) Now, exit out of the preview and then drag over a text widget. Now, paste what you have copied into the test widget. Now, lets hide it! Click on the text widget and on the text editing bar, click the last button that says "HTML" Now, you'll see some code. Add this in front of the code:

<div style="visibility:hidden">

Now, at the very end of the code, add this:

</div>

That should hide it! If it doesn't get hidden, please let me know. Also, if you need any help or have any questions, please post them here!

Sincerely,
Nathan
Photo of Joe

Joe

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Nathan,

That is very interesting. I will give this try this evening and definately get back to you. Thanks!
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Your welcome :)
Photo of Kevin

Kevin

• 475 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Nathan, what you have said is somewhat confusing.
I don't understand how you can paste a widget into a text editor.
But Joe, if it works, by all means use it.
If it is confusing, try this:
1.Open an HTML widget.
2.Write:
<span class="Apple-style-span" style="line-height: 18px; text-align: left; font-size: small">
&lt;embed </span></span></h3>
<h3>
<span class="Apple-style-span" style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0); font-family: Verdana; line-height: 18px; text-align: left">
<span class="Apple-style-span" style="border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Times New Roman; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px">
src=&quot;</span></span><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; font-size: small"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="border-collapse: separate; font-family: Times New Roman; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; font-size: 12pt; font-weight: 700">http://www.site.com/resources/file.mp3</span></span><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana; line-height: 18px; text-align: left"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="border-collapse: separate; font-family: Times New Roman; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px">&quot;</span></span></h3>
<h3>
<span class="Apple-style-span" style="border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; font-size: medium; ">
<span class="Apple-style-span" style="line-height: 18px; text-align: left; font-size: small">
autostart=&quot;true&quot; </span></span></h3>
<h3>
<span class="Apple-style-span" style="border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; font-size: medium; ">
loop=&quot;</span><span class="Apple-style-span" style="border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Times New Roman; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; font-size: medium">false</span><span class="Apple-style-span" style="border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; font-size: medium; ">&quot;
</span></span></h3>
<h3>
hidden=&quot;true&quot;&gt;</span></span></h3>
<h3>
&lt;/embed&gt;</span></span></h3>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Hi Kevin, you actually can copy it. Just highlight it and it will paste it in and it will take away that file name at the bottom too! (Well, you'll have to delete it in the text widget) But, I guess this code is better. Thanks kevin for this code!
Photo of Kevin

Kevin

• 475 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
your welcome! and the fact you can copy and paste widgets is very interesting!
Photo of Kevin

Kevin

• 475 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
where it says 'loop', there are 3 things you can add.
1.false; just play once
2.true; play forever
3.a number; play that many times
Photo of Kevin

Kevin

• 475 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Hope this helps
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Does the hidden thing work. If it does, Yola should add that feature in where we can choose to hide it if we want. That would be cool! They'l probably add that feature in someday! Yola rocks!
Photo of Joe

Joe

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Kevin,

Thanks so much! Of course I am just experimenting at the moment. Once I have a silver package I will be building a proper site. At the moment I am just trying out a few ideas and seeing what looks/works/feels best for me.

It is very kind of you to provide me with the HTML as well. Thanks again!

Joe
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Hi Joe, your website is still proper when you have Free. Just, you can do much more with Yola Silver. Here is a site I created with Yola Free: www.nathansmusicstudio.cz.cc I put so much HTML code on there! I am glad there is HTML widgets!
Photo of Kevin

Kevin

• 475 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
I have silver and it is just great!
The best feature you get in silver is the ability to upload html,js, and css files!
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Yeah, I am going to upgrade to silver someday!