Some of the pages of my published site take a very long time to load. Why is this?

• Question
  • Updated 10 years ago
Photo of SynthaSite FAQ

SynthaSite FAQ

• 67 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 11 years ago

Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Official Response
This could be because you have added some images with a large file size to your page. Reduce the file size of your images and republish your site, and your pages will load more quickly.
Photo of assaadgh

assaadgh

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
The site opened quite nicely for the first 2 days, but now it doesn't load
Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
assaadgh,

Can you give us the URL , or address, for your site please? Also have you added any large pictures or HTML to your site lately?
Photo of Karen

Karen

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
my images are 3x5 at 72dpi. The site opened quite nicely for the first few days, but now it loads too slowly to wait for it. Also, it will not load properly with Safari.
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Hi Karen. We are having technical problems right now that is causing some of our sites to load slowly. Our engineers are working on it and it should be fixed soon.
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
As soon as I posted that comment I got news from our engineers that the problem is fixed. Please check now and let us know if your site is loading.
Photo of Siis

Siis

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello, I am designing a new page and I have chosen the "two column layout". I would like to download 2 pictures side by side on to the page. Every time I try, I get a very large picture covering the bottom of the page. I would like to transfer my pictures to fit exactly inside the 2 "columns". Please advise thanks.
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi Siis - it sounds like your pictures would need to be resized. If you click on the "File Manager" button, select your image and choose "Edit with Picnik". You can then resize the image in Picnik, save it back to your SynthaSite and it will probably fit better on your page!
Photo of Evercrest

Evercrest

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I cant edit my front page, It sits there and loads, I can edit all my other pages.
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi Evercrest - I've posted a reply on this thread: http://getsatisfaction.com/SynthaSite...