Static IP vs Dynamic IP

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
I have read somewhere that a dynamic IP address negatively affects a websites ranking. Is mine static or dynamic? I also remember paying for a service to hide my personal details. Can't remember what that was and how it works. Could someone please explain this to me.
Thanks
Michael
www.specialsite.biz
Photo of michael

michael

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • sad

Posted 9 years ago

Photo of Dré

Dré

• 201 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Michael,

The product you bought that hides your details is Private Registration for domain purchases.

When you register a domain name, the registrant’s address, e-mail and phone number are published in a public WHOIS database, as required by ICANN.

When you add Private Registration to a domain name, alternate contact information displays in the public WHOIS database listing. Yola serves as a gatekeeper, filtering out spam and unsolicited direct mail, and then forwarding only important messages and mail.

With regards to the difference between dynamic and static IP addresses, I have shared this helpful link for you to take a look at.

Your site will use a static IP address.

I hope this helps. If you're still unclear about anything, feel free to reply or comment below.
Photo of michael

michael

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ok thats excellent news, I can put a smiley face on this comment. My next question is, do any of my fellow Yola websites have high rankings? This would prove to me that it is achievable. To compare apples with apples, I am referring to the paid Yola websites.
Photo of Dré

Dré

• 201 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Hi again,

You'll be able to find examples of people who achieved high rankings by taking a look around in this community. Maybe search the topics.

Here is a link to one such thread - http://forum.yola.com/yola/topics/page_rank_4_whoo_hooo

Enjoy!
Photo of lovelyred roses

lovelyred roses

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Public IP Address (also known as Static IP Address) is visible to the public.Because , it allows other people to access your computer, like a Web server. It is also known as external ip address which helps you to access the internet. If you want to view your public ip visit http://www.ip-details.com/ .

Private ip address is assigned to a device on a private that is accessible only within the LAN .To find the private ip address follow the steps below :

1. Click start->run->cmd and press Enter

2. The command dialog box will appear on the screen . Type ipconfig and press Enter to see your computer's/private ip address.

Use always static ip to your website . It increases reputation of your site . It affects seo