Stay Logged in feature

• Idea
  • Updated 9 years ago
  • Implemented
Hi, It would be so neat if there was a stay logged in feature so we can stay logged in even if our Browser crashes. because sometimes chrome crashes on me and then I have to re-login and its a pain! Will there ever be a "Stay logged in" feature? it could be set up with Cookies and just make the cookie expire after a set number of days or weeks or something.

Thanks,
Nathan
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
  • happy

Posted 9 years ago

Photo of Alex

Alex

• 3448 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
yeah, chrome sometimes crashes on me or i accidently close the wrong window and i have to start over, maybe an AUTO SAVE feature would be good as-well =)

alex
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Yeah! Whenever I preview the page, and then I try to close the preview window, i close the google chrome window by accident and then I have to find all of my websites I had up again and I have to log back into Yola! What is worse is that Google Chrome just will not save my Yola password! It saves my other ones on other websites, but it will not save my Yola password so I have to type in my email and password every single time! IE saves my Yola password, but not Chrome!
Photo of Alex

Alex

• 3448 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
ino its so annoying, but ie and ff arent as good as chrome!
Photo of Jessica

Jessica

• 29 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
on IE at my school I don't have to log in again but at home I use Opera, since Yola works good on it and not other browsers, and I have to log in every time I close Opera
Photo of Christo

Christo

• 95 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hey Nathan

You should be able to tick "remember me" when you log in. Then next time you come back to Yola you should be automatically logged in.

If you're doing this and still having trouble, let us know.

Hope that helps!
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Hi, I always do that, but when i login again on Google Chrome, it will not save the password or automatically login. Is there anything int eh login form like "automatic='off'" o rsomething/ Because whenever i TRY TO SAve the password with Chrome, the little yellow bar doesn't drop down and say "Do you want to remember this password?" I even tried on another computer in another city. I have no clue why it will not save in Chrome. Do you have any idea?
Photo of Callum

Callum

• 357 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Hi Nathan, I might be able to help you, in Chrome, click the spanner icon (or wrench) and select options. On the 'Personal Stuff' tab, there are 2 radio buttons regarding Passwords. Make sure the 'Offer to save passwords' is checked
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
I already have that checked, and all of the other websites I use my password get saved, just not Yola in Chrome.
Photo of Callum

Callum

• 357 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Now you mention it Nathan, Chrome's not saving my Yola password either! Hmmmm...
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Like I was saying maybe Yola put something in the form code to make it not work. But I don't know why they would do that. I don't think they did that. Maybe there is some feature they are using that Chrome doesn't accept.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hey guys

I'll have to check into this and get back to you. Thanks for your patience!
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Thanks Sanja!
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Nathan

I tried with Google Chrome and I was able to get automatically relogged back in when I went back to yola.com. However, if I clicked on "Log out", then I would need to re-enter my login information.

Perhaps am I misunderstanding something?
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Hi, thanks Sanja. I just found out that it does keep me logged in! I am glad! But, in Chrome, it wont save my password or username. It wont even do "Auto fill" but it does on other sites in Chrome. I don't know why it wont save the password.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Thanks for the clarification, Nathan. I'll log this and see if this is something we can address. But, I'm glad to hear that you are able to remain logged in.