• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
Are sub-domains included in my subscription? If so, how / where do I go to create and manage them?
Photo of Pamela Sue Taylor

Pamela Sue Taylor

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Crystal

Crystal, Champion

• 250 Posts
  • 79 Reply Likes
Hi Pamela,

To access your sub-domain settings, on the SiteBuilder page, go to Site > Site Settings > click the Publish Site icon and it will open a window with domain name options.
Photo of Pamela Sue Taylor

Pamela Sue Taylor

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I asked about sub-domains and this did not answer my question.
I have a domain name and I want to make sub-domains to point at other sites the way I can with domain names that I have purchased from other vendors such as
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello Pamela

If you want to create subdomains for your external domain, you will need to ask your provider how to do that.

If you'd like to create subdomains for your custom domain that you purchased from Yola, you can easily do this in your My Yola, and it's free. You can create the subdomains, but we'll need to publish your website(s) to them for you.

To create a subdomain:
  1. Log into your My Yola and click on "Domains" in the left-hand side menu.

2. Next to the name of domain for which you'd like to create subdomains, click on "Advanced Settings".

3. Click on "Change your DNS settings".

4. Click on "Add DNS record".

5. Choose "A" for A record from the drop down menu.

6. Add the name of your subdomain to the next box, e.g. "en" for an English subdomain.

7. Enter Yola's IP address to the next box.

8. Click on the "Update" button and confirm the change you want to make. Done!

Now you've created your subdomain. Your next steps are:
  1. Create the website you want to publish to your new subdomain.

2. Publish it to a free yolasite subdomain for the time being.

3. Let us know here or via e-mail (safer for you) the yolasite URL of your website and the name of the subdomain you want your site to be published to, and we'll be happy to publish your site to your subdomain for you.

Let me know if you have any questions.