Suggestion for Yola

• Question
  • Updated 10 years ago
I would like to suggest that yola let us have the option of changing all of our banners in every page with just one click or something similar/easy.

I think that this is an easy task for yola's engineers to make. I think it would be much easier for someone to change all their banners on each page with just one click, instead of having to visit every page and change them!
Photo of Kumby

Kumby

• 211 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
  • ?

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
Hi TheNextKira,

The best way to create pages in Yola is to use the 'save as' function.

Design the first page just as you want it banners, favorite icons, backgrounds etc. and then just click 'save page as' ... all your design settings will carry on to a new page.

It is a good idea tho, its been requested before and im sure the Yola team will be considering it.

Lee.
Photo of Kumby

Kumby

• 211 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I do that all the time when I create my pages, but I'm takling about, once you have finished making your site and wanting to change the banner.
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Thanks Lee :)

TheNextKira - we hear you, and we're working on it!
Photo of Kumby

Kumby

• 211 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
thnks
Photo of Kent T Carter the 1ST

Kent T Carter the 1ST

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
If you're referring to changing the banner on a already done and publish site you can change all the banner and/or backgrounds in a few easy steps. I wrote about this at http://getsatisfaction.com/yola/topic... and have use it sucessfully. This refers to backgrounds but if you substitute banner for backgrounds it will work.

BEFORE doing this on your site create a practice site to see how it works. Use the steps below for both sites after you are satisfied that this works in your practice site. On your practice site make it the same as your publish site and replace the banner there 1st.

1st upload your new banner
2nd rename your new banner with the old banners name. A warning will appear saying that file already exist and do you want to replace it click YES.
3rd delete old banners
4th update your site and new banner will replace old banner.

After this works on your practice site and you have done it on your real site you could delete your practice site if no longer needed.

papa
Photo of lambofgod

lambofgod

• 875 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
I do that all the time
Photo of Kumby

Kumby

• 211 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
thats a great idea! I'll try it on a test/practice site.
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
These workarounds are clever and useful, but TheNextKira is correct - we should have a simple, one-click solution for you to apply your banner or background to your whole site or just the current page. I am happy to tell you that this option is coming out with our next release!
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
This is exciting news indeed! =)
Photo of KanThaiDecor

KanThaiDecor

• 2402 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
Yep I agree
Photo of Kumby

Kumby

• 211 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
SWEET!!
Photo of papa

papa

• 327 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Will be great to keep all the banners that you upload, without deleting any especially seasonal banners, special occasions

Papa
Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
obviously if you add a file of the same name it will replace the images on your site of that file name. You could also just rename the orignal banner before uploading the new 1 of the same name.

I dont really feel the need for this additon but it will help more basic users who dont really understand file management.

The only time i can think of using it when you change styles and lose all your banners you could easily replace them.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
@UK Duke - this one-click solution would be beneficial so that we don't have to keep adding the background to every page, instead from I can understand from Monique's comment, it'll automatically apply to the whole site if you should choose to do so. I believe this will help save time. I'm excited and I don't even have so many pages! I can image how this would be really great for someone who has many many pages and they want to have the background applied to all of them.
Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
@ Littleus - It doesnt really effect me like i said - i always use save as and from there change files... But it will be usefull when changing styles.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
I agree! =)
Photo of Kumby

Kumby

• 211 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
@littleus - this feature will be so much of a help to me. I have more than 1500 pages in my site, so visiting each page and changing the banner is nearly impossible for me. (since I don't have much computer time either)
It would be great if you could include the following:
Customizable Apache Web Server, Php (customizable .INI file), MySQL, Perl, Python, Ajax, CGI, Ruby/Ruby on Rails, Javascript/DHTML, PHPmySQL, POP3/POP3 Secure Email Accounts, IMAP/Secure IMAP Email Accounts, SMTP, FTP, SSL and Customizable Error Pages.

Instead of the SiteBuilder that you have it would be better if we could make the full site also and not only use widgets, themes etc. but make the full site and upload files by FTP too.
I know I'm asking a lot but if you developers could work slowly work towards some it'll be truly appreciated.
Photo of Rizan

Rizan

• 219 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
OMG Monique, that is such great news! So helpful and saves so much time! Ok anyway to get my webmaster code and descriptions to carry through?? I often forget this very important step!
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Hi Rizan

I am glad you are excited about the new feature. I am too and the release date is getting closer :)

Your webmaster code only needs to be added to your index page. I am sorry this one is confusing, because Google Analytics needs to be added to every page you want to track. That is the difference between tracking and verification code. Google Webmaster only looks at your index page to check that the verification code is there. (On a side note, I am hopeful that we will work on a better way to add Google Analytics!)

The description is a tricky one. Descriptions should be unique to every page. As such an "apply to all" option might have limited value. I will discuss this with the engineers and see what they think. In the meantime if you do want to carry a description over, I would use "save page as"
Photo of Rizan

Rizan

• 219 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Oh, didnt know that I've been adding Google analytics and the Webmaster code to every page..when I remember of course :o)
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hey all!

Yola now gives you the option to upload a different banner image on each page of your site, or apply the same banner image to all pages. To apply the banner image to all the pages on your site:

1. Click on "Edit Page Design", then click on "Banner Image" and "Apply to All Pages".
2. A dialog box will open asking you to confirm whether you would like to apply the change to all the pages on your site. Click on "Apply and Save" if you would like to go ahead.

This will apply the banner images to all of the pages of your site.

For more on how to personalize your style see our tutorial Personalize Your Style.

Emmy