Tahoma font missing from Font Style List

• Problem
  • Updated 9 years ago
  • In Progress
The "Tahoma" font seems to be missing from the Font Style selection list on the SiteBuilder.

This is really weird considering how some themes and styles use Tahoma as the default font when entering a new text display module.

Please add Tahoma into the list. It is a very common font used on websites and I'm surprised Yola does not have it on the list.

Thank you!
Photo of Roley

Roley

• 12 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 9 years ago

Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Hello Roley.

The current list of fonts are all browser safe which means they all work with all browsers. I don't think Tahoma is a cross-browser font, or is it? You can always use your own fonts by clicking HTML on the text editing tool bar and finding the current font name in the HTML Code and replacing it with "Tahoma" or whichever font you want to use. If you have problems with this please let me know.

Please keep in mind that if the font isn't installed on the visitor's computer that it wont show on your site and the browser will find the next closest font and if there isn't, it will go to the ugly Times New Roman (It is ugly when it is big letters)

I hope this helps.

Nathan
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Hi Roley

Good point. I will pass this request on.

Nathan, it seems that Tahoma is a browser safe font: http://www.idevspot.com/article_004.php
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Yeah, you're right. Thanks for the link to that article.
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Thanks for providing the workaround though!
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
You're welcome. I hope it will work until the font is added to the font menu!
Photo of the_pete

the_pete

• 65 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Official Response
We've just added it to an upcoming release. It should be out in the next week or two along with some other nifty features.

Thanks for pointing this out :)
Photo of Roley

Roley

• 12 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
No problem! :) Glad I was able to help out!
Photo of Jean

Jean

• 134 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Thanks, the_pete, for planning to add Tahoma to Yola. My favorites are Comic Sans,Tahoma, and Verdana. Since the other two were already there my list is complete!
Photo of BritSAL

BritSAL

• 217 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
I love Palatino font, but not sure how browser friendly it is.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello BritSal

According to the link that Monique post, Palatino Linotype is browser friendly. Even though it may not be available in the drop-down list, you can still add to your site by going through the HTML code. If you click on the HTML button, replace the font family or font face with Palatino Linotype. This should change your font!
Photo of Roley

Roley

• 12 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello Sanja,

Since Tahoma is planned to be added in to the list to the next version of the site builder, why not add in Palatino Linotype to the list too? Though I don't really see myself using that font much, Yola should try to make its Site Builder become as customizable as possible.
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hi Roley,
Yes, thanks for the suggestion, possibly this is something we will be able to do in a future release :)

Emmy