TalKi forums down for over 12 hrs, nobody for their support responding!

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Solved
Tal.ki has been down (502 Gateway/500 Internal Sever Error) for well over 12 hours & nobody from their support is replying ro our inquiries. I use the forums for all of my comments, contest entries, etc, have well over 500 members & several Archived threads thatnI need access to, and have daily author appearances, so a loss of traffic & ability to do this is both a loss of revenue for me via Adsense & Associates, but is also a breach of contract between me & the Authors. Can someone PLEASE find out what is going on with Tal.Ki & let us know? Thanks! Michelle
Photo of literaladdiction

literaladdiction

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of Justine

Justine

• 751 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
Hi literaladdiction,

I'm sorry you're having a problem with your Tal.ki forum - it sounds very frustrating.

Tal.ki is a third-party widget service, supported by Tal.ki. I'm sorry you have not had a response from them, but this type of error is something they need to assist you with as it seems to be occurring on their side.

I have taken a look at their Help pages and can see you have posted a thread there and other users have also indicated they are having the same problem:
502 Bad gateway error.

The best suggestion I can offer is to log into your Tal.ki account and post a private discussion with the Tal.ki support team to see whether they can provide you with more feedback.
Photo of literaladdiction

literaladdiction

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Justine.
Thanks for the advice, unfortunately their main website is down as well.
It's actually looking like they may have gone out of business, or something a little larger than just technical difficulties. Usually with things like server issues they post a broadcast message that they're aware of the issue and are working on it. According to a few others in the support forum this has been going on for over 24 hours, it just happened that I didn't have an author Event yesterday and didn't notice that the Forums were down.
You guys didn't receive notice that they would no longer be online to support their widgets going forward?
It is frustrating... first Meebo, and now Tal.ki. It seems like every widget available through Yola that I used is slowing being yanked. :-/
Photo of Brianna

Brianna

• 2045 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Hello,

I am pretty confident Tal.ki has not shut down, and am happy to assure you that I can open their website without hesitation.

If you are still unable to open their site, please try clearing your cache. I am hopeful you will be able to use Tal.ki again soon!
Photo of Lee Oakley

Lee Oakley

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Im now having issues with tal.ki is there site down?
Photo of Cartridge Bros

Cartridge Bros

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Our forums are also down and we cannot access their site.
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas, Social Media Coordinator

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Lee and Cartridge,

I also see their website is not responding but I was unable to locate any announcement indicating that they had officially closed down. That said, we removed them from our Sitebuilder about a year ago because of their lack of customer support for members having problems. I think it's a safe bet that they are no longer in business.

I'm sorry I don't have better news for you regarding this.
Photo of jsuarezstem

jsuarezstem

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
this is the owner:
https://angel.co/bragiel
write him and get him to help us
Photo of Toby Ivey

Toby Ivey

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Tal.ki site is down. Did they go out of business?.

We had the Tal.ki set up on our website where we chat with one another about crappie club issues but its not worked in a couple days now. Just curious if its going to be fixed or did Tal.ki go out of business.Thanks