Tastelessly Template

• Problem
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Not a Problem
Hi,

I'm new to editing websites etc and have been working with the Tastelessly template, in my ftp client I can see the spider image used for the header and I have overwritten the file with my design. The problem is that although it looks fine in my html editor once it is loaded back to the host it goes back to the spider image.

Can you tell me how to change the header image permanently?

Steve
Photo of Steve Taylor

Steve Taylor

• 24 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of RSPublishing

RSPublishing

• 298 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Hi,

Can you please give us your URL to your live site ? Also, have you already overwritten this file to your live site ?
Photo of Steve Taylor

Steve Taylor

• 24 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi Rynaldo,

Here is the url below, I've only succeeded in changing the colour to a blank logo. I should mention that the website has nothing to do with Yola so the editing banner option is not available for me I think?

http://thedivermedic.com/

Steve
Photo of Steve Taylor

Steve Taylor

• 24 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Sorry, and yes to the file being overwritten.
Photo of RSPublishing

RSPublishing

• 298 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Hi Steve,

Just to clarify a few things (stupid things)

The template was purchased through Yola i assume? Hosted by Justhost ?

From a personal point of view ... the images in the header/index.php from what i know 'calls' to the image folder of the template. I don't think anything should be changed in any of the above files. Instead, the image itself gets changed in the image folder of the template.

If i have it wrong or if i am misunderstanding, please point it out. If you have changed the banner image itself, overwrite it in the image folder and then upload it. If you need help with all of this, get back at me and i will handle this for you asap.
Photo of RSPublishing

RSPublishing

• 298 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
OR send me the files and changes along with your FTP details and such, and i will do it for you.
Photo of Steve Taylor

Steve Taylor

• 24 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi Rynaldo,

The template is a free one not through Yola and is hosted by just host. I've copied the original image in photoshop and just added an image to make the new image the same size etc. I then copied the new image to the images folder via FTP and the image is replaced. Now in Frontpage the template looks right with the new image in place, but when I view the webpage live it still showed the spider image (but now it's just a blank background, not sure how that happend but it's ok) I think the information must be stored in the index.php file that keeps calling for the spider image, I can't get into that file though.

Steve
Photo of RSPublishing

RSPublishing

• 298 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Correct me if im wrong, but you have manually edited the actual banner in the image folder or did the image folder contain a seperate image that is included in the banner?
Photo of RSPublishing

RSPublishing

• 298 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
and... you have just edited the included banner image?
Photo of RSPublishing

RSPublishing

• 298 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
its hard trying to fix something i can't see. if i have access and details, i can sort this out for you and you can change your details again afterwards.
Photo of RSPublishing

RSPublishing

• 298 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
it seems like there is calling for the image from the index.php BUT if this file is overwritten with the new/changed one i don't see why it would bring up the mentioned image if it was overwritten. just confirm that in the image folder
Photo of Steve Taylor

Steve Taylor

• 24 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi Rynaldo,

I'm happy to give you the details but obviously I can't post them here, do you have an email address?

Steve
Photo of RSPublishing

RSPublishing

• 298 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
rynaldos@gmail.com (please include your changes (where and what). thanks bud, now, lets get this fixed
Photo of Steve Taylor

Steve Taylor

• 24 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
sent you an email...thanks
Photo of Steve Taylor

Steve Taylor

• 24 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Where do I start? Rynaldo has sorted this out and spent alot of his time on it, the header is now perfect and I can't thank him enough for the work, absolutely 5 x stars.....thank you so much Rynaldo
Photo of RSPublishing

RSPublishing

• 298 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
You're MOST WELCOME Buddy !
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Fantastic to hear Steve. Thanks Rynaldo for your assistance!
Photo of RSPublishing

RSPublishing

• 298 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
My Pleasure !
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Hi Steve

In addition to answering Rynaldo's questions, can you confirm that you have followed the steps in this tutorial for changing your banner image:

http://www.yola.com/tutorials/article...

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this soon!
Photo of Steve Taylor

Steve Taylor

• 24 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi Monique,

I should mention that my website has nothing to do with Yola and I didn't get the template from them so the editing banner option is not available for me I think? My suspician lies with the index.php file which I can't see the contents of.

Steve
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Thanks for the clarification. In that case I am at a loss to assist you, but I see that Rynaldo is doing his best, so hopefully the two of you can work something out.
Photo of Sajid-M

Sajid-M

• 119 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Is this supposed to be a question topic, not a problem one?
Photo of RSPublishing

RSPublishing

• 298 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Hi Sajid,

If you would like to help people, with pleasure - go ahead ! However, it is not necessary to "monitor" the support and decide as to what goes where. Despite it being a question, it was also a problem. I don't see a big deal in the fact that it was posted here. Now, have a good day !