Text editing is not working - unable to change fonts, bold info, change size of font or even have links work.

• Problem
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Solved
Archived

This conversation was archived and is no longer visible to community members.

I've been trying to add some links to my site in the text boxes and when I put in the correct link, it's not reflected in the text box. It doesn't underline it anymore or change color of the text like it has on all my other links. I'm also having difficulty making edits (bold, change color) in the text boxes. Help me please......http://www.MasonMetu.com
Photo of Kristin

Kristin

• 83 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi Kristin,

I think you're experiencing the same issue as this post: http://forum.yola.com/yola/topics/lin...

If you are using Firefox, we have found that there is a bug in the text editor and will fix as soon as possible. In the meantime, we can only suggest that you use a different browser like Safari or Internet Explorer.

If you are not using Firefox, please let us know which browser you are using.
Photo of Christopher

Christopher

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ok so I had this problem in firefox and then I try opening my page in IE and iit sits there saying "loading yola" in red highlight
Photo of Jed K

Jed K

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Three years ago? Three years ago? And you haven't fixed it yet?
Photo of KanThaiDecor

KanThaiDecor

• 2402 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
It was fixed 3 years ago.....Working fine for me still
Photo of Jed K

Jed K

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I can't change the font and it's driving me mad.
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas, Social Media Coordinator

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Jed,

As this is such an outdated topic, please feel free to start a new one detailing your problem or submit a request to support here. Please be sure to share your site address with us so we can investigate further.
Photo of Kristin

Kristin

• 83 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi Marije, yes I'm using Firefox so it's good to know it's a bug in the system and not me. I won't use IE - too many crazy problems when I go that route so hopefully the bug will get fixed soon and I'll be back in business. Thanks so much for your quick response. Kristin
Photo of KanThaiDecor

KanThaiDecor

• 2402 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
Here is a method that works for me...Add your text box where you want it to be...Click the box as normal to clear the text...look at the text edit bar and click the edit html tab....add your text and click ok when finished...now see if you can change fonts etc....The other method works sometimes for me but not all the time.
Photo of Kristin

Kristin

• 83 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi John, I'll give that a try too.
Photo of KanThaiDecor

KanThaiDecor

• 2402 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
I was having that same bug also but it is fine now....Hope my method works for you...I will try it out on my site also and make sure all is still working well.
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello all,

I am happy to report that this bug has been fixed and you can now continue to work on your site and edit your in your Text Widgets using Firefox! Thanks so much for your patience while we worked on that!

Emmy
Photo of KanThaiDecor

KanThaiDecor

• 2402 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
Hi Emmy...I think the same bug is back....I can't add links again either or change text.
Photo of Christopher

Christopher

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
yah I still have the problem...
Photo of Kristin

Kristin

• 83 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi Emmy, I just went in to do some updates and I'm still having the same problem with the text editor - not able to make any changes in the text box or set up links. I use Mozilla Firefox.
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hi Kristen,
Unfortunately it looks like we are still experiencing this problem and our engineers are working on a fix. We will post back here when there is a fix in place. Sorry for the inconvenience, we appreciate your patience.

Emmy
Photo of Kristin

Kristin

• 83 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi Emmy, good to know I'm not going crazy and you guys are working on it. Thanks for letting me know. It'll give me an excuse to get off the computer anyhow. Hopefully, I'll be able to update tomorrow. I'll be thinking of a cheer for the engineers - "Go engineers, do your best, I'm off to get some rest".....ok, not really a great motivator but I do appreciate them working on the problem. Happy Saturday, Kristin
Photo of KanThaiDecor

KanThaiDecor

• 2402 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
Hi Kristin...One of the nice things about this forum...If there is problem and it isn't you many other site owners will be here with the same problem....Beats going crazy....Well too late for me I was already that way.
Photo of Kristin

Kristin

• 83 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi John, lol - yes this is a great forum - I always get great feedback and suggestions. Hopefully, it'll be ok tomorrow.......
Photo of Woolyback

Woolyback

• 53 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Kristin
I also had the same problem in the editor using Firefox yesterday. After a 'save' I was unable to place the cursor, or change the colour or resize any of my text. I found that if you press the 'refresh page' button on the page editor it worked again.
Photo of Kristin

Kristin

• 83 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi Woolyback - thanks for the tip - I will try tomorrow - enough computer for me. Love your icon. Kristin
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Thanks for your patience all; we do appreciate it! Will post back here as soon as there is a fix in place.

Emmy
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hey all!

This has been fixed, you can continue to edit your site using Firefox! Thanks so much for your patience; we appreciate it!

Emmy
Photo of Christopher

Christopher

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
nope just tried cause u said its fixed and still have the problem...
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hey Christopher - can you try these steps:
1. Logout of Yola.
2. Clear your browser's cache: http://www.google.com/support/account...

Then login to Yola and try again. Let us know how it goes.